BCSS Seed

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Tina
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

BCSS Seed

Post by Tina »

Hi all

Just thought I'd let you know

My seed order arrived today & there were some free seed packs (marked with F) included ,these are from last yr's batches that weren't sold by the BCSS which seems a very nice gesture .

Perhaps another idea is to keep our old seed order sheet & contact Geoff later next yr to see whats left

Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Jez
BCSS Member

Re: BCSS Seed

Post by Jez »

Hey that was very quick...... my copy of the Journal arrived at the end of last week so I could only send the order off on Monday.

Very impressed with the efficiency and organisation of the seed distributor.... much respect. Hopefully the turn around on mine will be quick too as I'd love to be able to get them all "in the ground" over the hols!

Jez

Jez

NCSS/BCSS member intermittently since c 1978
Forum member from 08/2006
Collection of mostly smaller cacti and succulents (space limited!) including a variety of caudiciforms..... and I've lots to learn about looking after them.
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

Jeff Capel did a little writeup about being the seed distributor last year (his first). He was surprised to see seed orders arriving the day after he got his Journal, but obviously well organised and said most orders went out within two days of being received.

Cheshire, UK

Post by Guest »

Aargh!

They've gone back to fits come first served - and I haven't sent mine up yet!

Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

Hi

I think I sent the order late friday or saturday so not bad when you consider the xmas post

Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Cactus Jack
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHERN IRELAND
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by Cactus Jack »

Hey Tina, maybe its preferential treatment for a "Society Official" (chief mod) . Lol 8-))

Stephen.. Bangor. N. Ireland.
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

Hi Stephen

Sounds good to me but it's probably just because he's not even 20 miles away from me .

Tina

Bucks, UK
Spartan
Registered Guest

Post by Spartan »

A BIG thank you to Mr Capel and all the seed counters.
I sent off my form on Monday and received all the seeds I requested today.
Taking into account 2nd class stamp and the Christmas post, that's a very fast turnaround.

Also 12 packets of assorted freebies.

Thank you again, I hope you get a few days rest over the holiday.

Post Edited (12-23-06 10:43)
Regards,

Julian.

Coventry, U.K.
BCSS# 47698, Zone 6
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

Here too, my order plus free seeds. Not sure how the freebies are chosen but they seem relevant to my interests. No Melocactus or columnars ;)

Cheshire, UK