Lea Valley Auction

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
North Lincs Mike
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: GRIMSBY

Re: Lea Valley Auction

Post by North Lincs Mike »

A highly successful and really well organised auction, Don't know how they did it but I was paid up about 10 minutes after bidding was finished. Congratulations to Graham Blackwell,the auctioneer and his band of helpers.

Does anyone know what machine or device Jim used for his lables and the source of the same and the substantial horizontal plastic lables the text was on.

Mike
Newish collector/grower; mixed lot in a new 12x18 g/h and my old re-erected 10x8 - good job I didn't sell it !
John E
Registered Guest

Post by John E »

Hi Mike
It was a great afternoon with some superb plants going for all sorts of prices. Looking at the sums some of the plants fetched I reckon I'm worth more dead than alive to 'er indoors. Jim printed his labels with a p-touch 2100 labeller and 18mm tape but I dont know where he got his gravestone labels from.
John E
I have been growing C & S since 1968. A lot of my plants were imports in the early 1970s. I am a Crawley branch member sometimes!
JazzFool
Registered Guest

Post by JazzFool »

I must have missed the ad for this. Would have gone otherwise. Capel Manor is only a few miles away from me. Mind you, would practically have needed to swim there. Some very good looking plants. Did they all sell?
Paul
Languishing in north London but dying to move to a more rural location
Harrow Branch Member
Copiapoas, Ferocacti, Neoporterias, Tephrocacti & John Coltrane (not a cactus) all hit the spot
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tina »

Hi David
Lovely Euphorb, glad I didn't go or I would have spent the holiday money.

Mike
What did you buy ??.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Tony
Registered Guest

Post by Tony »

I reckon you & I might have fought for the Euphorb, Tina. What a beaut! Makes my 3" specimen look very sad. ;)
Tony - South London
BCSS 2008
Ascleps and other heart breakers
Robert K
Registered Guest

Post by Robert K »

reading this made me wonder. is there anywhere that actually does a regular plant auction or do these not even exist
in love with astrophytums and Haworthia truncata
North Lincs Mike
Registered Guest
Branch: GRIMSBY

Post by North Lincs Mike »

Hi Paul.

Only three out of nearly 300 lots didn't sell. I only knew about it because someone I knew gave me a copy notice.

Hello Tina

Didn't go mad - got 7 and three of these were my favourate Melos. Had a very nice Cumulopuntia in a 12" bowl, a lovely Monadenium Ritchiei sp nyambense (10") and a Fockia edulis. Only spent £166 but would have liked some of the others but the four I had my eyes on all fetched between £110 and £130 - a bit much but beautiful plants.

Thanks John E for the info.

Mike
Newish collector/grower; mixed lot in a new 12x18 g/h and my old re-erected 10x8 - good job I didn't sell it !
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

Hi Mike
Pictures please, it gives me a temporary fix looking at other peoples purchases. Another succulent, you are on the slippery slope of green leafiness.

Tony
I did get a nice treat last week that you might have been liked.

David
The Pachypodium looks beautiful & large, whats the pot size ?.
Will it be in the mini show ?, what else did you get ? & who got the Millotii ?.
[attachment 10829 Euphpoisonii.jpg]
Attachments
4RYJRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAJAAAAkgAAABABAgAPAAAAmwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAqgAAABsBBQABAAAAsgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAUAAAAugAAADIBAgAUAAAAzgAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAJiCAgAFAAAA4gAAAGmHBAABAAAA6AAAAAgDAABGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl
4RYJRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAJAAAAkgAAABABAgAPAAAAmwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAqgAAABsBBQABAAAAsgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAUAAAAugAAADIBAgAUAAAAzgAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAJiCAgAFAAAA4gAAAGmHBAABAAAA6AAAAAgDAABGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl (88.51 KiB) Viewed 1964 times
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Tony
Registered Guest

Post by Tony »

Tina, what is the plant in your photo? Is it a Monadenium? Whatever it is, it's just the sort of thing I like. Anything knobbly with a tuft on top.
Tony - South London
BCSS 2008
Ascleps and other heart breakers
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

[quote=Anything knobbly with a tuft on top][/quote] :rofl: Oh you have seen my husband !!.

It's a Euphorbia poisonii
Tina

Bucks, UK