CSSA journal Nov-Dec 2010

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Trevor
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: CSSA journal Nov-Dec 2010

Post by Trevor »

Guys I just resubscribed and I asked about the missing journals ( I still don't have Sep-Oct!) and Haseltonia.
Dear Trevor

The Nov-Dec issue of the CSJ was delayed because of a printing error. You will receive both the Nov-Dec and Jan-Feb issue in the same mailing. The issues were shipped Jan 25, 2011. Please let me know when it arrives.

All International mail is not sent first class. Haseltonia 16 is still at press. Please be assured we are getting back on schedule.

Best regards,

Gunnar Eisel
Business Manager, CSSA
Trevor
With a 'Downunder' collection of Cacti and Succulents in Melbourne, Australia.
Ali Baba
BCSS Member
Branch: DOVER
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Ali Baba »

Thanks Trevor! (tu)
Roy Mottram
BCSS Member

Post by Roy Mottram »

I just got tired of waiting, so decided to renew my 2011 subscription online.
I did so successfully, but then tried to renew for a friend who wanted me to do it for him.
I got to the email and password page to log in but it refused my password. So I asked for the password to be emailed to me, which they did, and it was correct. However, starting again, this confirmed password was refused yet again. So I have advised them by email that their password software is flawed.

This isn't the first instance where I have had a similar problem. Believe it or not, exactly the same thing happened with my Barclays verified by VISA service. I rang them to tell them but all they could advise was to change my password. There was a number in the password which was the part they couldn't recognise so eventually I changed that to a nought and it then worked.
Roy
DaveW
BCSS Member
Branch: NOTTINGHAM
Role within the BCSS: Branch President

Post by DaveW »

"The issues were shipped Jan 25, 2011."

Mine has not yet come and it's March 1st, how long does it take by surface mail?

DaveW
Nottingham Branch BCSS. Joined the then NCSS in 1961, Membership number 11944. Cactus only collection.
Thord
Registered Guest

Post by Thord »

My copies arrived today here in Sweden. Surface mail might be a month or two more. :cry:
Thord. All kinds of smallgrowing cacti.
Ali Baba
BCSS Member
Branch: DOVER

Post by Ali Baba »

Mine neither Dave. :cry: Previous issues havent taken this long. Apparently Sweden is closer to the US than the Midlands...
Torbjorn
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Torbjorn »

Same here as Thord, the 2 journals arrived today!
I rather wait for the journals though, than spring that seems far away....
Torbjörn
Stockholm, Sweden
Roy Mottram
BCSS Member

Post by Roy Mottram »

I've had an auto email from the new Business Manager this morning to acknowledge my subscription, but nothing yet about my order for a friend's subscription.
As with Trev, they say that the two issues were mailed from USA on 25 Jan.
When the subscription for overseas was jacked up to astronomical rates, I understood that that was because every foreign mailing would be airmailed, since the US Post Office had abandoned cheap surface mail. Perhaps the new management has changed it to yet another service. I can't keep up with them. They've certainly made it harder to subscribe. Come back Mindy!
Roy
Chris43
BCSS Member
Branch: HIGH WYCOMBE
Role within the BCSS: Branch Vice Chair

Post by Chris43 »

Not received here either. I haven't renewed my subscrption for 2011, as I think the value has decreased significantly, as has the useful content, and with price increases....
Chris, Chinnor, Oxon, UK
Mammillaria enthusiast
BCSS High Wycombe Branch.
http://www.woodedge.me.uk/Home.html
Thord
Registered Guest

Post by Thord »

The Jan.-Feb. issue was solely on Aloe,not anything i like to have a whole issue about,but since this was Duke´s last and there is a new editor, things might improve, although i´m a bit wary since the new editor seems enjoy traveling around in Africa :?:
Thord. All kinds of smallgrowing cacti.