Conophytum Flowers

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
AllanA
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: GRAMPIAN (N.E.Scotland)
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Conophytum Flowers

Post by AllanA »

I'm still waiting!
Minusculum ssp aestiflorens.
Flower has been open for six weeks!
[attachment 13592 FlowerscaravanSept078Small.jpg]
Attachments
4R4FRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAVAA8BAgAKAAAACgEAABABAgAIAAAAFAEAABIBAwABAAAAAQB+fhoBBQABAAAAHAEAABsBBQABAAAAJAEAACgBAwABAAAAAgCAgDEBAgAKAAAALAEAADIBAgAUAAAANgEAABMCAwABAAAAAgCAgGmHBAABAAAAIgIAAAGkAwABAAAAAACAgAKkAwABAAAAAQCAgAOkAwABAAA
4R4FRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAVAA8BAgAKAAAACgEAABABAgAIAAAAFAEAABIBAwABAAAAAQB+fhoBBQABAAAAHAEAABsBBQABAAAAJAEAACgBAwABAAAAAgCAgDEBAgAKAAAALAEAADIBAgAUAAAANgEAABMCAwABAAAAAgCAgGmHBAABAAAAIgIAAAGkAwABAAAAAACAgAKkAwABAAAAAQCAgAOkAwABAAA (38.28 KiB) Viewed 835 times
Allan
Orkney
conophytums,Lithops,Sempervivum, Tylecodons, small cacti. and Haworthias
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

I have a few flowers starting to pop out, they appear almost from nowhere. Not as many as you though, Alan.
Cheshire, UK
AllanA
BCSS Member
Branch: GRAMPIAN (N.E.Scotland)

Post by AllanA »

I have 33 flowering at the moment Ian. I'm sure that Tom and Chris will have more.
How's the flowering in Scotland Brian?
Allan
Orkney
conophytums,Lithops,Sempervivum, Tylecodons, small cacti. and Haworthias
BrianMc
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by BrianMc »

Hi Alan,

Well done with your flowers.
Everything is growing better than this time last year and earlier. Perhaps it's the early Autumn were getting. Certainly felt like it this morning.

My flowering is not as far on as yours, but today I have my first bilobum flower and pellucidum flower. My biggest plant of lithopsoides ssp koubergense is on to it's 4th flower. One of my kubusanum is starting to put on a good show as is one of my pale flowered minutum.All my taylorianum are budding up and poised and truncatum 'Prince Albert' is pushing out a few flowers.

cheers,

Brian
Especially interested in Mesembs. small Aloes and South African miniatures and bulbs.
Keen propagator and compulsive 'tickler'!
Instagram #myscottishgreenhouse
Diane
BCSS Member

Post by Diane »

I managed to get a few pics of mine today. First is one of the choicest and rarest - C. rugosum, not really a pretty plant, and the flowers must count as the puniest! Not easy in cultivation, but it's one of the few that are self-fertile, so, there are usually some seed pods if you're lucky - I managed to find two on this plant. Germinating them is also a bit tricky too, I've rarely managed to grow them and keep them!
[attachment 13629 IMG_0380Small.JPG]
Attachments
AAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAAEQAwABAAAAoA8AAAIQAwABAAAAuAuCgmmHBAABAAAAGAEAAAGkAwABAAAAAAAAAAKkAwABAAA
AAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAAEQAwABAAAAoA8AAAIQAwABAAAAuAuCgmmHBAABAAAAGAEAAAGkAwABAAAAAAAAAAKkAwABAAA (78.2 KiB) Viewed 835 times
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
Diane
BCSS Member

Post by Diane »

This is C. gratum ssp. gratum f. maximum LAV 1208 from Lorelei - nice flowers!
[attachment 13630 IMG_0386Small.JPG]
Attachments
AAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAAEQAwABAAAAoA8AAAIQAwABAAAAuAsLAGmHBAABAAAAGAEAAAGkAwABAAAAAAAAAAKkAwABAAA
AAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAAEQAwABAAAAoA8AAAIQAwABAAAAuAsLAGmHBAABAAAAGAEAAAGkAwABAAAAAAAAAAKkAwABAAA (39.53 KiB) Viewed 835 times

Diane
BCSS Member

Post by Diane »

Next is C. sulcatum SB1118 from Animub, the sheathes are very persistent, and it's not an easy one to clean up.
[attachment 13631 IMG_0385Small.JPG]
Attachments
AAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAAEQAwABAAAAoA8AAAIQAwABAAAAuAsAAGmHBAABAAAAGAEAAAGkAwABAAAAAAAAAAKkAwABAAA
AAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAAEQAwABAAAAoA8AAAIQAwABAAAAuAsAAGmHBAABAAAAGAEAAAGkAwABAAAAAAAAAAKkAwABAAA (52.58 KiB) Viewed 835 times

Diane
BCSS Member

Post by Diane »

This is C. bachelorum ssp. sponsaliorum SH 1437 from Skimmelberg.
[attachment 13632 IMG_0382Small.JPG]
Attachments
AAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAAEQAwABAAAAoA8AAAIQAwABAAAAuAuCwGmHBAABAAAAGAEAAAGkAwABAAAAAAAAAAKkAwABAAA
AAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAAEQAwABAAAAoA8AAAIQAwABAAAAuAuCwGmHBAABAAAAGAEAAAGkAwABAAAAAAAAAAKkAwABAAA (48.88 KiB) Viewed 835 times

Diane
BCSS Member

Post by Diane »

A nice C. pellucidum from Tweefontein, with pale lilac flowers.
[attachment 13633 IMG_0384Small.JPG]
Attachments
AAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAAEQAwABAAAAoA8AAAIQAwABAAAAuAsAAGmHBAABAAAAGAEAAAGkAwABAAAAAAAAAAKkAwABAAA
AAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAAEQAwABAAAAoA8AAAIQAwABAAAAuAsAAGmHBAABAAAAGAEAAAGkAwABAAAAAAAAAAKkAwABAAA (44.91 KiB) Viewed 835 times

Diane
BCSS Member

Post by Diane »

Last one - C. lithopsoides TS452 a brown bodied form.
[attachment 13634 IMG_0383Small.JPG]
Attachments
AAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAAEQAwABAAAAoA8AAAIQAwABAAAAuAsAAGmHBAABAAAAGAEAAAGkAwABAAAAAAAAAAKkAwABAAA (62.23 KiB) Viewed 835 times