Private Messages via Forum

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
North Lincs Mike
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: GRIMSBY

Private Messages via Forum

Post by North Lincs Mike »

I'm a very forgetful person and never remember to tick the box that keeps a copy of any messages I send so I end up with no record of emails sent. Others have mentioned occasionally that they haven't kept a copy of their emails so I guess they have the same problem.

I realise it would mean some work but would it be possible please for someone ( presumably Tony ) to make copies automatic? Or is there a way of individuals doing it?

Mike
Newish collector/grower; mixed lot in a new 12x18 g/h and my old re-erected 10x8 - good job I didn't sell it !
Chris43
BCSS Member
Branch: HIGH WYCOMBE
Role within the BCSS: Branch Vice Chair

Re: Private Messages via Forum

Post by Chris43 »

I know exactly what you mean, Mike. It would be simpler if the default was to save, but I guess it eats space, though these days that's not a major cost. Hopefully Bill and Vic can assess if this is worth putting to Tony.
Chris, Chinnor, Oxon, UK
Mammillaria enthusiast
BCSS High Wycombe Branch.
http://www.woodedge.me.uk/Home.html
Bill
Branch: None

Post by Bill »

I am just as bad, I will make enquires.

I know on some forums they can limit your mail box size to 50 sent and recieved items but there is a download facility to save all your messages to your HDD.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Colin Walker
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Colin Walker »

Hi Guys,

I agree with Mike & Chris - it'd be great to have the default that copies are automatically kept unless a box is ticked, or whatever.
Cheers,
Colin

FBCSS
FCSSA
Fellow of the Linnean Society (FLS)
Member of the IOS
Honorary Research Associate, The Open University
Vic
Registered Guest
Branch: BRADFORD
Role within the BCSS: Seed Purchaser

Post by Vic »

It would also be good to be able to delete them in one go rather than having to tick each individually.
Lindsey
Registered Guest
Role within the BCSS: Non-Member

Post by Lindsey »

We do need the option to keep some PM's! - till that plant has arrived safely :)
Ever hopeful, trying to grow plants from arid sunny climates in the UK!
Lithops, Haworthia, Adromischus, other south African succulents including Ceropegia and some Crassula.
Patrick
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET

Post by Patrick »

I agree with Vic, I'm much keener to be able to delete them easily than to save them. I've just done it in mine because it was full of stuff that I will never look at again.
Patrick. Small varied collection of North American, Mexican and Andean Cacti. Variegated Agaves and Echeveria. Developing a succulent garden in Portugal. Joined Somerset BCSS and forum in 2007.
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tina »

It would be very useful if they default was set to keep a copy, as sometimes it would be nice to be able to check what you have said to people.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Robert K
Registered Guest

Post by Robert K »

i think a mailing list with announcements should be made so you receive an email with it a bit like when informed of a pm
in love with astrophytums and Haworthia truncata
Bill

Post by Bill »

Well there are no settings on the forum admin that will allow saving sent mail by default, but I will keep working on it.

Bill Hildyard

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.