Elk plants- just a few

Habitat, nursery/collection and show tours.
Tina
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Elk plants- just a few

Post by Tina »

I did buy a LOT of Euphorbia's, most quite small but I enjoy trying to grow them on.
Top right Id seems a bit off as it was sold as E poisonii but the leaf shape is wrong when compared to my plants, however the plant labeled E venifica looks the correct shape for poisonii so I'm hoping ID was transposed ,E venifica has been on my wish list for a while so fingers crossed.

They are only 2 yr old seedlings but were a great find for me.
[attachment 13895 4.jpg]
Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (97.49 KiB) Viewed 2244 times
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Tina
BCSS Member

Re: Elk plants- just a few

Post by Tina »

A typical plant for my collection as I like the odd/ugly plants or should I say 'inidivual looking' plants
[attachment 13896 3.jpg]
Attachments
4RPQRXhpZgAATU0AKgAAAAgACgEPAAIAAAAJAAAAhgEQAAIAAAAPAAAAjwESAAMAAAABAAEAAAEaAAUAAAABAAAAngEbAAUAAAABAAAApgEoAAMAAAABAAIAAAExAAIAAAAUAAAArgEyAAIAAAAUAAAAwoKYAAIAAAAFAAAA1odpAAQAAAABAAAA3AAAAvxGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl4IFM3MDAwIAAAAAB
4RPQRXhpZgAATU0AKgAAAAgACgEPAAIAAAAJAAAAhgEQAAIAAAAPAAAAjwESAAMAAAABAAEAAAEaAAUAAAABAAAAngEbAAUAAAABAAAApgEoAAMAAAABAAIAAAExAAIAAAAUAAAArgEyAAIAAAAUAAAAwoKYAAIAAAAFAAAA1odpAAQAAAABAAAA3AAAAvxGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl4IFM3MDAwIAAAAAB (73.55 KiB) Viewed 2244 times
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Maria J
BCSS Member
Branch: SHREWSBURY
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Post by Maria J »

Nice selection there Tina! Not so sure about the 'individual' looking one though... 8-)
Maria
Shrewsbury Branch - Shropshire UK
Joined BCSS April 06 (# 48776)

Tending more towards cacti :D, particularly Gymnocalyciums, Rebutias, Sulcorebutias, Echinopses, Thelos, Feros and Mamms (and anything else I like the look of!) all in an 8 x 6 polycarb greenhouse and a few windowsills!
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

and I couldn't pass these up, some more off my wish list:ban: and one of my friends will be very happy.

Maria
there isn't space for them all so I need to go thru the collection again thinning out the cacti, although I did buy a couple of cacti.
I'm still working on him indoors for another greenhouse but he is ignoring me !:(, maybe Xmas.
[attachment 13897 5.jpg]
Attachments
4R1IRXhpZgAATU0AKgAAAAgACgEPAAIAAAAJAAAAhgEQAAIAAAAPAAAAjwESAAMAAAABAAEAAAEaAAUAAAABAAAAngEbAAUAAAABAAAApgEoAAMAAAABAAIAAAExAAIAAAAUAAAArgEyAAIAAAAUAAAAwoKYAAIAAAAFAAAA1odpAAQAAAABAAAA3AAAAvxGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl4IFM3MDAwIAAAAAB
4R1IRXhpZgAATU0AKgAAAAgACgEPAAIAAAAJAAAAhgEQAAIAAAAPAAAAjwESAAMAAAABAAEAAAEaAAUAAAABAAAAngEbAAUAAAABAAAApgEoAAMAAAABAAIAAAExAAIAAAAUAAAArgEyAAIAAAAUAAAAwoKYAAIAAAAFAAAA1odpAAQAAAABAAAA3AAAAvxGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl4IFM3MDAwIAAAAAB (95.17 KiB) Viewed 2244 times
Tina

Bucks, UK
Bill
Branch: None

Post by Bill »

Interesting looking plants there Tina.

Don't know if you are aware that Gasteraloe `Wonder` hates water on it's leaves it marks realy easily, not sure why.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

the rest of the Euphorbs
[attachment 13898 7.jpg]
Attachments
FRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAJAAAAkgAAABABAgAPAAAAmwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAqgAAABsBBQABAAAAsgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAUAAAAugAAADIBAgAUAAAAzgAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAJiCAgAFAAAA4gAAAGmHBAABAAAA6AAAAAgDAABGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl
FRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAJAAAAkgAAABABAgAPAAAAmwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAqgAAABsBBQABAAAAsgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAUAAAAugAAADIBAgAUAAAAzgAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAJiCAgAFAAAA4gAAAGmHBAABAAAA6AAAAAgDAABGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl (95.69 KiB) Viewed 2244 times
Tina

Bucks, UK
Robert K
Registered Guest

Post by Robert K »

wow some nice plants you have there. what is the tissue in the pot for
in love with astrophytums and Haworthia truncata
bukowski32
Registered Guest

Post by bukowski32 »

Ohh Tina,
You have taken the agave filifera variegate of kobayshi, and I was in front of you. I well remember your face:cry: were taken from my hands also truncate :rofl: next year I will be faster.:rofl:
Maria J
BCSS Member
Branch: SHREWSBURY
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Post by Maria J »

Some nice Agaves there Tina! I just don't know how you manage to 'thin out'! I look at my plants and there aren't many that I'd be happy to 'lose'!! :conf:
Maria
Shrewsbury Branch - Shropshire UK
Joined BCSS April 06 (# 48776)

Tending more towards cacti :D, particularly Gymnocalyciums, Rebutias, Sulcorebutias, Echinopses, Thelos, Feros and Mamms (and anything else I like the look of!) all in an 8 x 6 polycarb greenhouse and a few windowsills!
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

They came from Japan- Mr Kobayashi so they arrive depotted.

All potted now though but I had a wobble when the dog had one, she's a bit of a menace & eats the cycad so I was lucky it only lost one leaf... and no chew marks
Tina

Bucks, UK