Seedlings from the 2008 BCSS seed list

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Ray_M
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOUTH NORFOLK
Role within the BCSS: Publications Manager

Re: Seedlings from the 2008 BCSS seed list

Post by Ray_M »

My avonias are up as well Stuart,and the oxalis has too.When do you think these succulents should come out of the bags as they are etiolating a bit?
Ray Mitchell,member of South Norfolk group.living on Suffolk/Norfolk border,near Diss.Keen on all cacti and succulents,alpines and other plants.BCSS member since 07.Visitors welcome,PM first please.
Stuart Estell
BCSS Member
Branch: BRADFORD
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Stuart Estell »

Not sure Ray, mine are under lights and I was intending to leave them there until the sun bucks its socks up, and then get them out into the greenhouse quite quickly.
Stuart Estell
BCSS Member
Branch: BRADFORD

Post by Stuart Estell »

Checked the Ferobergias yesterday and have a pot full of hulking great seedlings there as well (tu)
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

I swear Avonias don't germinate, the seeds just turn green in contact with water! Avonia stems will grow thin and green if you don't give them enough light. They aren't cactus seedlings, they can take direct sun as soon as they germinate and this will give you thick white stems.
Cheshire, UK