Bored on Sunday morning  Solved

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
lancer99
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Bored on Sunday morning

Post by lancer99 »

-R
Last edited by lancer99 on Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray_M
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTH NORFOLK
Role within the BCSS: Publications Manager

Re: Bored on Sunday morning

Post by Ray_M »

Hiya Robert,the semp is indeed 'arachnoides'.We have about 100 different semps,mostly named but the birds and squirrels pinch the lables.I do like the euphobias,especially the 'stick' types,and also the plant in the first photo.Thanks for showing them to us.Cheers,Ray.
Ray Mitchell,member of South Norfolk group.living on Suffolk/Norfolk border,near Diss.Keen on all cacti and succulents,alpines and other plants.BCSS member since 07.Visitors welcome,PM first please.
Eveandrea
Registered Guest
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Non-Member

Re: Bored on Sunday morning  Solved

Post by Eveandrea »

Hi Robert, I am quite envious of your Cynanchum flowers! ;) The stem of you marnierianum is hairy, right? Hope that my C. luteifluens will grow quickly and flower as well.
Eve

Turin - Italy
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tina »

Hi Robert
Nice & lucky you not having to cook the sunday lunch(td).

Your E pillansii is mislabeled & looks like E enopla, E pillansii is a much chunkier plant.
Interesting green twigs.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
lenbell
Registered Guest

Post by lenbell »

Hi Robert

Great photos, even if it is now Monday morning.
Len Bell, Born-again Colchester member of the Clacton Branch BCSS; Mesemb Study Group; Mamm Soc & Haworthia Soc.
On the Forum since Sept 2007. Particularly keen on ... Lithops; Adros; Haworthias; Mamms;Lobivias;
Eriosyce; Euphorbias; Astros; Notos; Conos; Aloes; Agaves; Feros; Stenos; Echinocerei; Etc.; Etc.; ...
View a few at: http://picasaweb.google.com/len84bell/
Fellow Forum followers' visitations welcome. Please PM first.
saxocactus
Registered Guest

Post by saxocactus »

Never bored on a Sunday morning - always at church!! Why not try it - you never know - you might not be bored on Sunday morning either.
Not quite so new to cacti now - greenhouse up and running - a cactoholic is born!! Visits welcome - just get in touch.
CoronaCactus
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by CoronaCactus »

Only 3 months a year am i bored on a Sunday morning...otherwise, Sunday is race day! :)

Hey Robert, can you post some bigger pics, can't seem to make out the details 8-) :lolbt:

Nice plants my man!
Darryl
Zone 10 - Southwest USA
CoronaCactus.com

Lobivia
Registered Guest

Post by Lobivia »

saxocactus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Never bored on a Sunday morning - always at
> church!! Why not try it - you never know - you
> might not be bored on Sunday morning either.

I'm at church at Sunday too, but the Sunday meetings is at 4pm in our church so it doesn't help against Sunday morning boredom. Sleeping helps instead.
David Pettersson
Sweden
lancer99

Post by lancer99 »

Tina,

Thx. I got it from Aridlands, so never questioned the ID. But I think you're right in that it's not E. pillansii. Gotta do some more research now!

Lobivia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> saxocactus Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Never bored on a Sunday morning - always at
> > church!! Why not try it - you never know - you
> > might not be bored on Sunday morning either.
>
>
> I'm at church at Sunday too, but the Sunday
> meetings is at 4pm in our church so it doesn't
> help against Sunday morning boredom. Sleeping
> helps instead.

When did this become the Promotion of Religion forum?

-R
lancer99

Post by lancer99 »

Tina,
AFter some research, I think I'm going to go with the Aridlands identification for this one. Certainly not E. enopla...the spines are all wrong. Plus, the stems are more bluish/grey than E. enopla's.

Note that some (but not all) of the spines have branches, which fits the IHSP description: "Spines stout and rigid, simple or with branched tips." And it fits perfectly with the rest of the description.

Branched tips on the spines certainly aren't in general a diagnostic characteristic, but given the chunky stems, in this case I think they may be.

It also looks very close to the picture of E. pillansii in the Euphorbia Journal vol 4 p. 125.

I do wonder if it might be var. ramosissima, which the IHSP describes as "much more branched, branches thinner and darker green."

Thx,
-R