seedling set-up

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
jamesfe
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

seedling set-up

Post by jamesfe »

Thord
Registered Guest

Re: seedling set-up

Post by Thord »

Very nice set-up,but where are the cacti?:lolbt:
Thord. All kinds of smallgrowing cacti.
Torbjorn
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Torbjorn »

Hello,
A very ambitious setup indeed. Allready separated the seedlings?
And lots of different species. With the open setup I guess you need check your seedling very often?

I am setting up each year a table with 5 fluorescent lamps under the tabletop.
With the drapery closed the kitchen is still inhabitable. To keep the temperature down a little, and also to try to keep the sciara flies away, I keep two fans running (not visible in the pic).
The flies is for me the greatest threat to the seedlings.

It would be nice to see the status of your seedlings in a couple of months!

All the best,
Torbjörn
[attachment 16544 Frsdd1.jpg]
Attachments
4ZInRXhpZgAATU0AKgAAAAgACgEPAAIAAAASAAAAhgEQAAIAAAAKAAAAmAESAAMAAAABAAEAAAEaAAUAAAABAAAAogEbAAUAAAABAAAAqgEoAAMAAAABAAIAAAExAAIAAAAVAAAAsgEyAAIAAAAUAAAAyAITAAMAAAABAAEAAIdpAAQAAAABAAAA3AAADw5OSUtPTiBDT1JQT1JBVElPTgBOSUtPTiBENjA
4ZInRXhpZgAATU0AKgAAAAgACgEPAAIAAAASAAAAhgEQAAIAAAAKAAAAmAESAAMAAAABAAEAAAEaAAUAAAABAAAAogEbAAUAAAABAAAAqgEoAAMAAAABAAIAAAExAAIAAAAVAAAAsgEyAAIAAAAUAAAAyAITAAMAAAABAAEAAIdpAAQAAAABAAAA3AAADw5OSUtPTiBDT1JQT1JBVElPTgBOSUtPTiBENjA (62.97 KiB) Viewed 793 times
Torbjörn
Stockholm, Sweden
jamesfe
Registered Guest

Post by jamesfe »

Thord, I know they are small.

Torbjörn, The Jatropha podagrica I re-potted into a bigger and deeper pot. About checking pots often, Yes often. I hit the power switch on at 7am and at lunch time look them over and shut the switch off at 11pm. Ya I check them a lot.

I'll re post in the middle of spring, hopefully fattening them up a little.