Presentation

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Christian P
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Presentation

Post by Christian P »

Hello,

My name is Christian Prud'hon and i'm living in the est part of France.
With Francoise my wife we grown succulent plants for about 20 years.

We fall in love with Haworthia and Gasteria when we visited the collection of Cok Grootcholten in 1993. This passion for this lovely plants is for us a way of life. We love to seen our plants every day and imagine the new cross we can take.

Here is a link to our new photo album we started last year with some selections of the collection. We will add a lot of new pictures this year ( groupe, close), but must wait better days.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39789833@N ... 615366639/

Enjoy,

Christian P. (Haworthia Society member)
Diane
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Presentation

Post by Diane »

Hello Christian (and Francoise!) :welc: to the forum!

Your Haworthias are truly beautiful! I'm very envious of them (in particular, the variegated comptoniana, and bayeri), and I'm sure Bill will be most impressed when he sees them too.

You have perfected your growing method with Haworthias, I'm sure some of us would be grateful if you would share it!

Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful plants!
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
Bill

Post by Bill »

Welcome to the forum. They are truly lovely, Christian and beautifully grown as Diane says. Me impressed never (:D, I was going to put up some pics of a few of mine that I took today but I'll save them for another day.;)

Whereabouts in the east of France are you?.

Bill

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Phil White
BCSS Member
Branch: WILTSHIRE

Post by Phil White »

Welcome Christian and Francoise,
It is good to hear from you again & you will be made very welcome here.
As always your haworthias are very beautiful and I still have some plants from you from some years ago.
I will save the link & look through the album soon as I did not know of you had one. I am also building an album of Haworthias(Fotki) but it is slow progress.
Phil White
Wiltshire, England
Sylvia
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET

Post by Sylvia »

Welcome to the forum Christian and Francoise,

Thank you for sharing your plants with us, they are beautiful.

Sylvia in Somerset
Sylvia in Somerset growing cacti and succulents since 1977
kaowinston
Registered Guest

Post by kaowinston »

Hello

Welcome Christian and Francoise to our forum. Show us your plants when you can. My favourites are Pereskia and Agaves.
Christian P
Registered Guest

Post by Christian P »

Thank you very much for your welcome and kind comments.

I like to the variegate ones but it is not my first interest.
Lot of variegated plant avalaible present good paterning but are not able to produiced good seeds. For exemple, the well kown H. "pale peace" as never produice one seed in my greenhouse, and the comptoniana to. I buy only plants in the wiew to produiced new cross or to enhance some aspect of the parents clones, bigger size, best colors, good shape, brighness or other caracteres i have in mind.

Bill, please put your pics. I'm every time interested to see Haworthia in other colection.

Hello Phil,
Nice to hear for you to.
Since we have our two daughter we have less time. We have take the choice to grown and bred only Haworthia and Gasteria since 6 years, especially high quality hybrides and cultivars in the "retuse" form and truncata.
Hope we can see soon your new album.

Have a nice day,

Christian
jfabiao
BCSS Member

Post by jfabiao »

Welcome, Christian. :)
Z

In sunny Lisbon, Portugal.
The Clumsy Gardener
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

Hi Christian
Just had a look at your album , what super plants. I love the red/pink forms & some of those Haworthia with the teeth are really beautiful.
Are they all your own home produced seedlings ?.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Christian P
Registered Guest

Post by Christian P »

Hello Tina,

The plant with the mention "seedling" are from my seed production.

I like a lot red/ pink colors and use every year the "pink beauty" clone in my breding programe as mother plant.

You can found this very fantastic plant by Succulent tissue culture (Robert Wellens) since last year.

We have named this very special H. pygmaea after a mail exchange with Etwin Aslender (SA).

We try to produce more extrem frosty clones in the futur with bigger size by hybridation with very big H. bayeri (galaxy line) and H. "pinky" a very nice japanese emelyae/splendens hybrid.

Good Sunday

Christian