x Pachyveria 'Blue Mist'

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Harry B
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

x Pachyveria 'Blue Mist'

Post by Harry B »

The flowers are a bit pale because of the grey days we have. (should be more red), but it one of the first signs of spring. (we had fresh snow today :frown2:)
Harry

[IMG]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i8/Ha ... st0071.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i8/Ha ... st0061.jpg[/IMG]
Marise
BCSS Member

Re: x Pachyveria 'Blue Mist'

Post by Marise »

I think the flowers look lovely as they are.

Where are you situated to get fresh snow today?
BCSS 49518
Midlands, UK
Growing anything that takes my fancy.
Harry B
Registered Guest

Post by Harry B »

Thanks Marise.
The nothern part of the Netherlands.
H.
Liz M
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Post by Liz M »

Hi Harry, the flowers are nice and something to welcome at this time of year, the colour of the leaves is amazing. I have a lot of Echeverias and some of them have very blue leaves, others are showing winter colour with a lot of reds and they are in bud or buds are forming. Echeveria defractens and some of the E affinis hybrids have had flowers and buds for sometime. I have not noticed if Pachyphytums or Graptopetalums are in bud, a bit early yet, especially after the cold we have experienced.
Have you had any losses with Echeverias and hybrids with the temperatures we have had? I thought that I was going to lose a lot, as many froze but when they thawed they looked as if nothing had happened. I await Spring with some trepidation, in case there are more losses than I feared.
Obsessive Crassulaceae lover, especially Aeoniums but also grow, Aloes, Agaves, Haworthias and a select number of Cacti.
Harry B
Registered Guest

Post by Harry B »

Thanks Liz;
No I did not loose much this winter. My plants are (almost) all in the house in a cold sunroom. Some are drying out a bit, but they will be alright after their first watering this spring.
Harry
Suwich
Registered Guest

Post by Suwich »

what a beautiful flower. Thank you very much for sharing.
Suwich
Bangkok, Thailand
Ali Baba
BCSS Member
Branch: DOVER
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Ali Baba »

Hi Liz
a couple of the Pachyphytums I got from you are just showing flower spikes, my greenhouse is perhaps a little warmer than yours :)
Ali
Liz M
BCSS Member

Post by Liz M »

I looked at all my Pachyphytums today, most of which are in the porch, and none of them has any buds. Only Pachyphytum oviferum is in a greenhouse and it has withstood -4C, no buds but looking great.
Here is a blue Echeveria, E elegans that used to be E potosina, not as blue as some, it has that lovely pink tinge that a lot get in the cold months.
[attachment 22098 IMG_5334_1.jpg]
Attachments
IMG_5334_1.jpg
IMG_5334_1.jpg (97.63 KiB) Viewed 1957 times
Obsessive Crassulaceae lover, especially Aeoniums but also grow, Aloes, Agaves, Haworthias and a select number of Cacti.
Liz M
BCSS Member

Post by Liz M »

Here is another that turns really red in winter. I got it from the National and it has been a great buy. Echeveria 'Gilva'
[attachment 22099 IMG_5332_1.jpg]
Attachments
IMG_5332_1.jpg
IMG_5332_1.jpg (99.64 KiB) Viewed 1957 times
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by Phil Hocking »

Should we be watering them now? My Blue Mist is indoors (frost free) and is looking quite shrivelled.

Somerset Phil
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.