well hello

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
ofthecoast
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

well hello

Post by ofthecoast »

Hello, I joined the BCSS a few months ago but haven't posted yet (I don't think).

I used to have a lovely weird little collection years ago that was my complete obsession. I studied botany in university and worked at a botanical garden and so on and so forth. Long story short, when I came to the UK I had to give away all of my precious collection. It's taken years to be settled enough to be comfortable to start collecting again and in the last year or so I've been accumulating quite a few juvenile plants (mostly from sellers online who I think are probably BCSS members).

I grow my collection in my flat in central London (and before London, in my little house out in the countryside in Oxfordshire).

With my background (and obsession!) I'm interested in botanical oddities. I've never really been into anything other than species, and the weirder the species the better!

I particularly love caudiciforms, asclepiads, mesembs, and weird little strange lumpy plants. I've also recently come to appreciate the humble cactus in its many forms - lately, Mammillaria and Rebutia in particular.

No idea if that's 'tmi' but I hope not! Looking forward to the show weekend after next. :)

kat
Caudiciforms - Cucurbits, Dioscoreas, Moraceae, & , much more
Lophs, Asclepiads, Pelargoniums
Inner London
Liz M
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Re: well hello

Post by Liz M »

Welcome to the Forum and don't forget to come and say Hallo at the Forum table at the National.
Obsessive Crassulaceae lover, especially Aeoniums but also grow, Aloes, Agaves, Haworthias and a select number of Cacti.