Zone 12 SHOW - BEF 4 1/4" pots

Post details of any upcoming events, meets or newsworthy stories about our hobby.
Werewolf
BCSS Zone Rep
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BRISTOL
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Zone 12 SHOW - BEF 4 1/4" pots

Post by Werewolf »

Following correspondence with a prospective entrant, I should like to clarify that the classes with a pot size restriction of 4"/10cm will not be open to BEF 4 1/4" pots, which are nominally too large and considered outside the measurement tolerances recommended in the BCSS Handbook of Shows 9th Edition.

This decision is not intended to affect the right of other shows to take an alternative view.

Graham Evans
Show Secretary.
Peter B
BCSS Member
Branch: MANCHESTER
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Re: Zone 12 SHOW - BEF 4 1/4" pots

Post by Peter B »

Hallo Graham,

I am surprised nobody has replied. 4.25" pots are "not according to schedule" in classes that request pots of 4" diameter (or 4" along the inside edge of square pots). The tolerance is only 3mm or one eighth of an inch which is half the quarter inch excess in a 4.25" pot.

Good showing

Peter
Peter B,
Manchester Branch Chairman
NCSS/BCSS member since late 1960's - strong interest in mesembs in general and Lithops in particular, Haworthias and enjoy growing all forms of cacti & succulents
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Zone 12 SHOW - BEF 4 1/4" pots

Post by Jim_Mercer »

I suppose the first question should be is the limit 4" or 10cm? The fact that the pot is marked 4¼" is irrelevant, what matters is the actual size, which for this pot I have found to be less than the marked size - measured as 106.00mm = 4.173". Now add in the confusion of tolerance being either 3mm or 0.125" (so you now have a tolerance on the tolerance). :ugeek:

Whichever way you do the sums I would expect the Judge to award an NAS.