Who is going to the National Show?

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Liz M
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Who is going to the National Show?

Post by Liz M »

I'm going and I hope lots of you are going, too. the weather forecast is cool and windy, with some rain. The last was blistering hot and frankly sweltering, so almost anything is an improvement. I hope to see you there.
Obsessive Crassulaceae lover, especially Aeoniums but also grow, Aloes, Agaves, Haworthias and a select number of Cacti.
Bill
Branch: None

Re: Who is going to the National Show?

Post by Bill »

Well Ill be there, Me and Mrs H are leaving after work tomorrow to drive down and park up the caravan a few miles from wood green and will there Friday afternoon and all day Saturday, should be somewhere in the vicinity of the Forum or Haworthia society stands.

Bill

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
RAYWOODBRIDGE
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by RAYWOODBRIDGE »

Last time some forum members wore forum name badges if I remember right, don't know if thats the case this time but hope to see you, I'll be there
Ray

BCSS member 50155
DKG member 311605
Echinocereenfreund member 100

Cactus only collection mainly from seed.
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRISTOL

Post by Stuart »

I'll be there as usual, judging, selling, buying a bit, quietly just getting on with things, just have to decide on a shirt for the Saturday. Not a good weather forecast but should be a good weekend. hoping for a record attendance and looking forward to seeing everyone.
Stuart
Spro
BCSS Member
Branch: CHESTER & District

Post by Spro »

I'm going even though I finish night shift on Saturday morning and then drive 1hr 20 mins to the show.. My 1st national as well
Everything under the sun is in tune but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

I'll be there, looking forward to it as I have missed a couple, my first visit to this site.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by Tony R »

Me too; after judging, buying and admiring plants, I will be helping to man the Haworthia Society stand. Please come along to say hello!
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
DaveW
BCSS Member
Branch: NOTTINGHAM
Role within the BCSS: Branch President

Post by DaveW »

There are at least 4 of us going from Nottingham and no doubt another two or three who also went last time in different cars.
Nottingham Branch BCSS. Joined the then NCSS in 1961, Membership number 11944. Cactus only collection.
MikeT
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by MikeT »

I should be there; I need to leave Sheffield early in the morning to be there in time to get my entries in, as I'm not heading down on Friday.
Mike T

Sheffield Branch
BCSS member26525
BrianMc
BCSS Member

Post by BrianMc »

juster wrote:I'll be there, looking forward to it as I have missed a couple, my first visit to this site.
My last National was 2000 at Spalding. Things have always got in the way since. Had hoped to go this time and enter a few plants, but working late on Friday and a few too many trips down south planned for later in the year to make this time realistic! :cry:

When you grow C&S you are in it for the long haul, so I will keep my fingers crossed for 2020 :shock:
Especially interested in Mesembs. small Aloes and South African miniatures and bulbs.
Keen propagator and compulsive 'tickler'!
Instagram #myscottishgreenhouse