Greetings from the Staffordshire Moorlands

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
DaveStoke
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Greetings from the Staffordshire Moorlands

Post by DaveStoke »

Hi all, I recently joined the BCSS and hope to contribute to the forums and gain knowledge from other members on here.

I have a growing collection of cacti and succulents withy current favourites being the trailing and hanging varieties, cleistocactus colademononis, aporocactus, etc.

Also interested in finding and adding other interesting varieties to my collection. As well as the hanging varieties, my plants are a currently a conservatory windowsill collection, but saying that I've had to add additional shelving to accommodate them.

I live roughly between Leek and Stoke on Trent in Staffordshire, UK.
That's about it for now, looking forward to chatting to you via the forums.

Regards
David
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: Greetings from the Staffordshire Moorlands

Post by juster »

Welcome to the BCSS and to the Forum David. It sounds as though you are building up your collection, most of us know about adding extra shelving! Enjoy your plants.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by el48tel »

Welcome to the BCSS, Dave, and to the forum.
You'll soon outgrow the conservatory, and shelving, and ......
You'll find the members here, lively and glad to help.

I'm a refugee from "roughly between Leek and Stoke on Trent " - I've emigrated to GOC (a.k.a. Yorkshire)
There's a branch of the BCSS who meet in Newcastle-under-Lyme - but I've not met any of the members face to face, and I think Rod Smith who posts on these forums goes to that branch - and a branch who meet in Wilmslow, of whom I have met a couple of members.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

el48tel wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:32 pm... and I think Rod Smith who posts on these forums goes to that branch...
Yes, I do and welcome to the forum, Dave. You would be very welcome at any/all of our meetings. They always take place on the second Tuesday of the month and the next one is on Tuesday 13 August. Location details are here http://www.stoke.bcss.org.uk/ . Hope to see you soon.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.