Sedum multiceps advice please

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
TomInTucson
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: Sedum multiceps advice please

Post by TomInTucson »

After reading through this interesting thread, I'd like to post a few images from it, and a few others;

These 2 are a reminder of this species common name - 'Pygmy Joshua Tree'

Here is the true Pygmy Joshua tree - Yucca (Clistoyucca) brevifolia 'var. jaegeriana':

Despite this question being OT, what is the name of the Pachyphytum shown here?

It reminds me of this cultivar Pachyphytum 'Sweet Dumpling'

Or this one Pachyphytum 'Cheese Sweetball'

MatDz
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by MatDz »

TomInTucson wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:41 am After reading through this interesting thread, I'd like to post a few images from it, and a few others;

These 2 are a reminder of this species common name - 'Pygmy Joshua Tree'

Here is the true Pygmy Joshua tree - Yucca (Clistoyucca) brevifolia 'var. jaegeriana':

Thanks for sharing this, I haven't seen that Yucca before and the similarity is indeed striking! I wish Sedums grow better in my odd indoor setup (I suspect it's too warm in winter for many, but I will give them another go one day).
TomInTucson wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:41 am Despite this question being OT, what is the name of the Pachyphytum shown here?

It's Sedum pachyphyllum I think.
Mat
wildedges
Registered Guest

Post by wildedges »

MatDz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:59 am
TomInTucson wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:41 am
Despite this question being OT, what is the name of the Pachyphytum shown here?

It's Sedum pachyphyllum I think.
That's correct. If it gets cold it tends to get patches of stem rot and drop heads all over the place. It's the thin blue form apparently but doesn't grow particularly well for me. Sedum rubrotinctum is a bit hardier here and just does that little bit better. S. pachypyllum has to come indoors over winter. The photo below is the one currently on the kitchen window sill. Sedum allantoides is a good alternative too if you're looking into growing something similar.