Choices, choices…

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Cidermanrolls
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LINCOLN
Role within the BCSS: Member

Choices, choices…

Post by Cidermanrolls »

Next Saturday evening, Nov 12, I have too many options.

I could be watching Strictly in from of an open fire with my wife
I could be watching my eBay listings ending, or
I could be waiting for the ADBLPS seedlist to go live and then spending hours looking for treats and planning my sowing campaign.

I think ADBLPS wins for me.

Which would you do?
edds
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: Choices, choices…

Post by edds »

The eBay listings do get a bit addictive! I'm trying to not sow too much this year (aside from my own crosses and some aloe and agave I've already bought!) so I would be trying to avoid looking at a new seed list!
Ed

BCSS member 53038
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

What time are we talking about ?, I struggle to stay awake once I'm in front of TV especially after a glass of wine.

I got quite spoilt with ELK as you didn't need to grow from seed as someone else would have done it for you
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Cidermanrolls
BCSS Member
Branch: LINCOLN

Post by Cidermanrolls »

Tina wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:39 pm What time are we talking about ?
The website says the 2023 list goes live at 2022 CET on the 12th……. Let’s see if it does. I missed out on some of the less common Pterocactus seeds last year, just a couple of days after it went live.
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

Cidermanrolls wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:19 pm
The website says the 2023 list goes live at 2022 CET on the 12th……. Let’s see if it does. I missed out on some of the less common Pterocactus seeds last year, just a couple of days after it went live.
I read it more as the 12th of November 2022, no time specified (midnight of the 11th perhaps?).
Mat
Paul D
BCSS Trustee
Branch: GRAMPIAN (N.E.Scotland)
Role within the BCSS: Chairman - I.T.

Post by Paul D »

MatDz wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:25 pm
Cidermanrolls wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:19 pm
I read it more as the 12th of November 2022, no time specified (midnight of the 11th perhaps?).
Where are you seeing these notices? I can't find them.
It will either be Bill or myself who uploads the seed list. If it's me, I'm afraid that it won't be done at any precise minute, as I may take a few mins figuring out how to do it :)
Paul in North-east Scotland (Grampian Branch BCSS)
National Collection Rebutia, Aylostera & Weingartia (inc. Sulcorebutia). Also growing a mixture including Ferocactus, Gymnocalycium, Lobivia, Mammillaria, Lithops, Gasteria, Haworthia.
http://www.rebutia.org.uk
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

Paul, the very top of https://adblps-graines-cactus.com/index_EN.html, you might be thinking about a different list?
Mat
Paul D
BCSS Trustee
Branch: GRAMPIAN (N.E.Scotland)
Role within the BCSS: Chairman - I.T.

Post by Paul D »

MatDz wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:25 am Paul, the very top of https://adblps-graines-cactus.com/index_EN.html, you might be thinking about a different list?
Silly me :) I thought you meant THE list :lol:
My head is spinning with php code at the moment.
Paul in North-east Scotland (Grampian Branch BCSS)
National Collection Rebutia, Aylostera & Weingartia (inc. Sulcorebutia). Also growing a mixture including Ferocactus, Gymnocalycium, Lobivia, Mammillaria, Lithops, Gasteria, Haworthia.
http://www.rebutia.org.uk
Darren S
BCSS Member

Post by Darren S »

Last year he didn't post out until january though. Won't the phyto checks be live then? Or have I missed something?
Darren nr Lancaster UK. Growing Conophytum, Lobivia, Sulcorebutia, bulbs etc.
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Darren S wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:18 pm Last year he didn't post out until january though. Won't the phyto checks be live then? Or have I missed something?
January was an update. Originally it is published in November, and its forthcoming publication is announced a week or two before.