2022 seed list

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
el48tel
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

2022 seed list

Post by el48tel »

I'm hoping that the seedlist opportunity will be sympathetically addressed.
Many folk in the UK have not seen a postal delivery in days, and some even in weeks. Therefore they might not see their CactusWorld until the new year.
Are there plans to hold the dissemination?
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Paul D
BCSS Trustee
Branch: GRAMPIAN (N.E.Scotland)
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Re: 2022 seed list

Post by Paul D »

el48tel wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:02 pm I'm hoping that the seedlist opportunity will be sympathetically addressed.
Many folk in the UK have not seen a postal delivery in days, and some even in weeks. Therefore they might not see their CactusWorld until the new year.
The postal strikes are causing a lot of problems. The seed list and form will be made available as a pdf on the Members' Section of the website on the same day as publication.
Paul in North-east Scotland (Grampian Branch BCSS)
National Collection Rebutia, Aylostera & Weingartia (inc. Sulcorebutia). Also growing a mixture including Ferocactus, Gymnocalycium, Lobivia, Mammillaria, Lithops, Gasteria, Haworthia.
http://www.rebutia.org.uk
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Paul D wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:40 pm
el48tel wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:02 pm I'm hoping that the seedlist opportunity will be sympathetically addressed.
The postal strikes are causing a lot of problems. The seed list and form will be made available as a pdf on the Members' Section of the website on the same day as publication.
that is good to hear
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Cidermanrolls
BCSS Member
Branch: LINCOLN

Post by Cidermanrolls »

Paul D wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:40 pm
Sounds good, except I cannot sign in on the new website. The login/register button refuses to accept either my email address or my username. Am I doing something wrong?
GregoryBulmer
BCSS Chairman
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Chairman

Post by GregoryBulmer »

[/quote]

Sounds good, except I cannot sign in on the new website. The login/register button refuses to accept either my email address or my username. Am I doing something wrong?
[/quote]

I expect that is due to the password you are using not being complex enough when registering. The logins have been made very secure due to the nature of information inputted to the site. I had to alter my password to something more secure before the register button was clickable.
Greg
Member since 2012
Cold hardy cacti and slow growers.
Cidermanrolls
BCSS Member

Post by Cidermanrolls »

GregoryBulmer wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:46 pm
I expect that is due to the password you are using not being complex enough when registering. The logins have been made very secure due to the nature of information inputted to the site. I had to alter my password to something more secure before the register button was clickable.
I’m in now, thanks Greg. I can’t see a members area though.
Maybe I need a tutorial. :lol:
Paul D
BCSS Trustee

Post by Paul D »

Cidermanrolls wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:06 pm
GregoryBulmer wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:46 pm
I’m in now, thanks Greg. I can’t see a members area though.
Maybe I need a tutorial. :lol:
Can you pm me please, with your bcss membership email address?
National Collection Rebutia, Aylostera & Weingartia (inc. Sulcorebutia). Also growing a mixture including Ferocactus, Gymnocalycium, Lobivia, Mammillaria, Lithops, Gasteria, Haworthia.
Cidermanrolls
BCSS Member

Post by Cidermanrolls »

Sent Paul. Thanks, Jon
agaveguy
BCSS Member
Branch: HAVERING

Post by agaveguy »

This still doesnt answer the original question, what about those who rely on the postal service to order their seeds ??
Paul D
BCSS Trustee

Post by Paul D »

agaveguy wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:57 pm This still doesnt answer the original question, what about those who rely on the postal service to order their seeds ??
Do you mean people unable to download or print off the online copy? Not much we can do about the postal strikes I'm afraid.