Hello from Northumbria!

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
RichardT
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTHUMBRIA
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Hello from Northumbria!

Post by RichardT »

Finally managed to sign up for both the BCSS website and Forum! :grin:

I have been collecting 50+ years and have a mixed collection here in Northumberland - particularly fond of Copiapoas, Mammillarias and Gasterias, although I have plenty of other things as well.

Moved up here from Nottingham in late 2016 and one of the first things I did was build a 20'x8' Rhino greenhouse to go with the 14'x8' and 8'x6' already here - my plants fill the 2 larger ones in the Summer. As Branch Chair, I open the greenhouse on the first Saturday in June, along with my neighbour Mike Stansbie - all cactophiles welcome 2-5pm. We also open the gardens for the National Garden Scheme in early July, a great way to raise money for charity and to generate interest in our plants - the collections are always a great talking point with visitors, and hopefully we can attract a few new members.
Richard

Growing a mixed collection in Hepscott, Northumberland - particularly fond of Gasteria, Copiapoa, Gymnocalycium and Mammillaria.
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: Hello from Northumbria!

Post by juster »

Welcome to the Forum Richard. It sounds as though you have a marvellous collection, with a lovely lot of greenhouse space! :mrgreen: Look forward to seeing some photos.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Hello from Northumbria!

Post by Tony R »

A warm welcome, Richard, good to see you here. We look forward to seeing some photos of your plants and travels!
Best wishes,
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)