Hello again

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
Clarke Brunt
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: CHELMSFORD
Role within the BCSS: Member

Hello again

Post by Clarke Brunt »

Well, I'm not new, but have just managed to log into the forum for the first time in nearly 3 years (was getting instant "Forbidden - you do not have permission to access this page" - a different message to just the result of getting username or password wrong).

Thanks to membership secretary Simon (while sorting out subscription Direct Debit) who suggested a password reset (surely I must have tried that when the problem first arose...), anyway it worked. I wonder if the problem was that my old password didn't meet the requirements (letters/numbers/etc.) of the site, though it must have been legal at some point

So: just outside Cambridge, growing lots of cacti, many from seed collected in Chile and Peru. And, among a few 'other succulents' Aloe polyphylla, which I've grown since 1996. I've sometimes donated seed of Aloe polyphylla to the society, but not for the Dec 2022 list - I didn't have enough. I see it's included on the list, so someone else must have donated some.

All Aloe polyphylla (except one small seedling) were outside (in pots) throughout the December 2022 cold snap. The flowering size ones look fine, as do some of the smaller ones, but I think some smaller ones have probably succumbed - doesn't bother me - I had too many and can soon grow more from seed if I want.
--
http://www.viridis.net/ Photos of cacti etc. in habitat
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Re: Hello again

Post by Tony R »

Welcome back, Clarke, glad you have got re-connected with us! (tu)
I still have a very nice Thrixanthocereus senilis (CCB4.33) acquired from you as a small plant at the National Show in 2008 - I've grown it slowly, but it is now in a 5 inch pot!
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
edds
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by edds »

Welcome back Clarke. I'm growing polyphylla outside in the ground for the first winter in part after reading how well yours have done outside.
Ed

BCSS member 53038
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

Welcome back, Clarke.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.