SUNDAY 17TH SEPTEMBER - SALE OF PLANTS FROM COLIN NORTON’S COLLECTION - PART 2

Post details of any upcoming events, meets or newsworthy stories about our hobby.
Tony R
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

SUNDAY 17TH SEPTEMBER - SALE OF PLANTS FROM COLIN NORTON’S COLLECTION - PART 2

Post by Tony R »

Message posted on behalf of Bill Darbon:

SALE OF PLANTS FROM COLIN NORTON’S COLLECTION - PART 2

Having now re- assessed the remaining plants from Colin’s vast collection, which survived the cold winter, we feel that there is enough material to hold another Auction, there are still a number of desirable plants that will be offered for sale some of which will never be available again.

The proposed date is Sunday 17th September - The auction will be held at the same location in the Hull area - there is plenty of parking nearby. The FULL POST CODE and final arrangements will be advised to those who send a positive response.

As you know Colin was a well-respected grower of cacti and had amassed a very large collection with over 1000 large plants.
A National Show winner many times he had probably one of the largest private collections of Cacti in the UK.
His love of Copiapoa was well known and there are still a considerable number of large plants within his collection, as well as Ferocactus, Lophophora, Ariocarpus and many tall cereus and other rare and difficult to grow plants, All of which he grew exceptionally well and are still in very good condition.

We would wish to establish those persons that may be interested in attending this sale so, we would therefore be grateful if you could respond to either Roger Ferryman or Bill Darbon if you are interested.

The catalogue (as a pdf) is attached for your information. We reserve the right to add or subtract items according to our further investigations - it is a very large collection of cacti".
The catalogue shows that there are a number of pictures of specific plants available on request.

Please send your details to the following:

Roger Ferryman rmf@f2s.com
Bill Darbon william.darbon77@btinternet.com

Colin2023.pdf
(220.18 KiB) Downloaded 274 times

Many thanks, Bill D.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Re: SUNDAY 17TH SEPTEMBER - SALE OF PLANTS FROM COLIN NORTON’S COLLECTION - PART 2

Post by Tony R »

Date updated and pdf attached above.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
greatnorthernexotic
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Re: SUNDAY 17TH SEPTEMBER - SALE OF PLANTS FROM COLIN NORTON’S COLLECTION - PART 2

Post by greatnorthernexotic »

That's quite the collection considering how many wonderful specimens have already gone on to new homes. I'd better get saving up!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BCSS #54601 (LEEDS BRANCH)
youtube.com/@greatnorthernexotic / instagram.com/greatnorthernexotic
In the greenhouse: ariocarpus, astrophytum, aztekium, copiapoa, lophophora...
In the outdoor arid bed: hardy agave, aloe, dasylirion, hesperaloe, opuntia, yucca...
Paul in Essex
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTHEND-ON-SEA

Post by Paul in Essex »

I wish I lived nearer. And had a van :D
www.oasisdesigns.co.uk

Exotic garden design.
greatnorthernexotic
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by greatnorthernexotic »

Another successful auction of Colin's collection - lots of wonderful, huge plants going to their next homes. My budget was tiny in comparison to others but nonetheless I was over the moon to come away with a bucket list plant, plus a couple of extras from the sales table.

It was mentioned that there were still some oversized plants left in Colin's greenhouse that were too big to move to auction, so if anyone is local and has the means, they should perhaps get in touch with Bill or Roger.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BCSS #54601 (LEEDS BRANCH)
youtube.com/@greatnorthernexotic / instagram.com/greatnorthernexotic
In the greenhouse: ariocarpus, astrophytum, aztekium, copiapoa, lophophora...
In the outdoor arid bed: hardy agave, aloe, dasylirion, hesperaloe, opuntia, yucca...