Bridgewater RHS Manchester Event this weekend 19/20 August

Post details of any upcoming events, meets or newsworthy stories about our hobby.
Stuart
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BRISTOL

Bridgewater RHS Manchester Event this weekend 19/20 August

Post by Stuart »

It's good to see that the 'Cactus World Live' events initiated by Ian when he was BCSS Chairman are continuing. This weekend there is another cactus event at RHS Bridgewater near Manchester. Entry is free for BCSS members and the same marquee used in 2021 will be filled with a cactus assortment. There's around a dozen nurseries so expect a good selection of sales plants along with assorted displays and talks and pot painting etc to keep children entertained. Bridgewater is the new RHS Garden with a confusing name as it's near Manchester, nothing to do with Somerset! It's easy to spend a day at the gardens, there's plenty to see but this weekend don't miss the cactus event, most of the best-known nurseries will be there. More details were on the recent BCSS e-news email and probably on the Manchester Branch website.

Stuart
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Bridgewater RHS Manchester Event this weekend 19/20 August

Post by Tony R »

Good luck everyone - it should be a great weekend.

PS Not confusing at all, Stuart, if you knew that Bridgwater in Somerset does not have an E. Whilst RHS Bridgewater is named after the adjacent Bridgewater Canal, developed by the 3rd Duke of Bridgewater who used to live on site at Worsley Hall.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Mark07
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Bridgewater RHS Manchester Event this weekend 19/20 August

Post by Mark07 »

Great morning at RHS Bridgewater. Good to meet people and lots of nice Cacti and succulents on offer.
I found a couple of plants I had been searching for and the wife was happy with her succulents. 😁

It was already getting very busy with lots of interest so I’m sure it will be a great turnout 👍.
IMG_5248.jpeg