Rose of Texas?

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
iann
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Rose of Texas?

Post by iann »

The palest pink you ever did see, not sure it qualifies ...
verruculosa-0829.jpg
Cheshire, UK
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Re: Rose of Texas?

Post by el48tel »

More pink than mine.
Mine is ..... beige at best
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

el48tel wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:21 pm More pink than mine.
Mine is ..... beige at best
Like this?
verruculosa-0929.jpg
Cheshire, UK
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Pretty much
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
TomInTucson
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by TomInTucson »

iann wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:19 pm The palest pink you ever did see, not sure it qualifies ...
verruculosa-0829.jpg
If I'm not mistaken, Ed Storms who was a Texan, developed and named it. Am I correct?
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by Tony R »

TomInTucson wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:23 pm
iann wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:19 pm The palest pink you ever did see, not sure it qualifies ...
verruculosa-0829.jpg
If I'm not mistaken, Ed Storms who was a Texan, developed and named it. Am I correct?
Tom, indeed, from the official list of Cultivars: https://www.scrapbooklithops.com/cultivars.html

First published by Steven Hammer in “New Cultivars in Lithops, Piante Grasse Speciale 1995. Supplemento al n. 4 di Piante Grasse 15(4): 49. 1995”, originating from Ed Storms of Azle, Texas, USA. Nomenclatural standard: Photograph figure 194 on page 100 in Lithops - Treasures of the Veld, taken by Chris Barnhill of the USA. A uniformly rose-red flowered cultivar with either a normal or greenish-blue body colour.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Mine is scheduled for a new home. It's joining the rest of the collection on the other side of the river when she remembers to take it with her.
Cactus Kid
BCSS Member
Branch: HAVERING
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by Cactus Kid »

Mine. This is the better colored one but they are VERY variable
Texas Rose.JPG
Joined Havering branch 2006, although have been growing on and off since the age of ten!
Have a large balanced collection of both cacti and succulents but enjoy growing cristate, monstrose and generally anything a bit weird!
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Cactus Kid wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:52 pm Mine. This is the better colored one but they are VERY variable

Texas Rose.JPG
Stunning .... simply stunning
TomInTucson
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by TomInTucson »

Tony R wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:29 am
TomInTucson wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:23 pm
verruculosa-0829.jpg
Tom, indeed, from the official list of Cultivars: https://www.scrapbooklithops.com/cultivars.html

First published by Steven Hammer in “New Cultivars in Lithops, Piante Grasse Speciale 1995. Supplemento al n. 4 di Piante Grasse 15(4): 49. 1995”, originating from Ed Storms of Azle, Texas, USA. Nomenclatural standard: Photograph figure 194 on page 100 in Lithops - Treasures of the Veld, taken by Chris Barnhill of the USA. A uniformly rose-red flowered cultivar with either a normal or greenish-blue body colour.
Thank you. Good web site!