The Autumn Cactus and Succulent Show at RHS Harlow Carr on 23 September 2023 - the photographs thread not the politics

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
el48tel
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

The Autumn Cactus and Succulent Show at RHS Harlow Carr on 23 September 2023 - the photographs thread not the politics

Post by el48tel »

7.jpg
7- 1.jpg
7 - 2.jpg
7 - 3.jpg
7 - hc.jpg
8.jpg
8 - 1.jpg
8 - 2.jpg
8 -3.jpg
Today's offering of plant pictures for those who enjoy plants There's a separate thread should you want to talk "politics".
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
TraceyM
BCSS Member
Branch: BRIDLINGTON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Secretary

Re: The Autumn Cactus and Succulent Show at RHS Harlow Carr on 23 September 2023 - the photographs thread not the politi

Post by TraceyM »

Brilliant.
Thank you Terry.
habanerocat
BCSS Member
Branch: EDENBRIDGE

Re: The Autumn Cactus and Succulent Show at RHS Harlow Carr on 23 September 2023 - the photographs thread not the politi

Post by habanerocat »

el48tel wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:36 am 8 - 1.jpg

Today's offering of plant pictures for those who enjoy plants There's a separate thread should you want to talk "politics".
What's that one called? It's 7 of 9 with the twisty spines.
I'm not familiar.
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by Tony R »

habanerocat wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:40 am
el48tel wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:36 am 8 - 1.jpg

What's that one called? It's 7 of 9 with the twisty spines.
I'm not familiar.

Echinocereus lindsayi - one of the very best for showing.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRISTOL

Post by Stuart »

Looks like Echinocereus Lindsayi, superb show plant

Stuart
tykesrule
Registered Guest
Role within the BCSS: Branch Secretary

Post by tykesrule »

Thanks Terry

Fabulous photos. Showing our great hobby in the best light possible...sorry for the quip!! More tomorrow please
habanerocat
BCSS Member
Branch: EDENBRIDGE

Post by habanerocat »

mmmm. Echinocereus ferreirianus ssp. lindsayi.

Rare, hard to grow, from Baja California, so likes it warm in winter. All the things I try to avoid.
With that said I have some ferreirianus coming from seed, but they're not nearly as showy as lindsayi.
We'll see how it goes..
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

Apparently (I haven't seen the first description), Jorge Meyrán named the plant after George Lindsay and his wife. lindsayi - either at species or subspecies level - is, therefore, an error to be corrected, to lindsayorum.

I've killed two plants through not keeping it warm enough over winter, I think - it is a Baja California native after all - so I'm impressed to see such a sized plant.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

9.jpg
9 - 1.jpg
9 -2.jpg
9 - 3.jpg
10.jpg
10 - 1.jpg
10 - 2.jpg
10- 3.jpg
Your daily dose.
More tomorrow
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Your Friday few to enjoy
11.jpg
11 -1.jpg
11 - 2.jpg
11 - 3.jpg
12.jpg
12 -1.jpg
12 -2.jpg
12 -3.jpg
12 - HC.jpg