Autumn Cactus and Succulent Show at RHS Harlow Carr 23/9/2023 - the photographs

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
el48tel
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Autumn Cactus and Succulent Show at RHS Harlow Carr 23/9/2023 - the photographs

Post by el48tel »

Please keep this thread for the photographs to enable people to enjoy them. Please post comments about labels, nomenclature, judging, quality of the images and other matters elsewhere.
THANK YOU that will be appreciated by all.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
el48tel
BCSS Member

Re: Autumn Cactus and Succulent Show at RHS Harlow Carr 23/9/2023 - the photographs

Post by el48tel »

39 - 1.jpg
39 - 2.jpg
39 - 3.jpg
40 - 1.jpg
40 - 2.jpg
Your Monday melange of mellifluous Mesembs

Yes I do know that I've missed classes 33 to 38.
You'll have to wait for those, and 42 et seq
And for those who are checking and counting, yes 41 is missing it will not appear because there were no entries
No there are no apologies for the quality of the alliteration today
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRISTOL

Re: Autumn Cactus and Succulent Show at RHS Harlow Carr 23/9/2023 - the photographs

Post by Stuart »

I was going to mention that Titanopsis is OK in this class as it's part of the Nananthus subgroup but it comes under one of the banned categories for comments so maybe I shouldn't. I'd been trying to spot what might be the best cactus, my guess is the Mamm Crucigera, haven't seen anything that might be best succulent yet so that's probably still to come.

Stuart
Paul in Essex
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTHEND-ON-SEA

Post by Paul in Essex »

Stuart wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:07 am I was going to mention that Titanopsis is OK in this class as it's part of the Nananthus subgroup but it comes under one of the banned categories for comments so maybe I shouldn't.
Stuart
I think you'll get away with it if nobody notices. :grin:
www.oasisdesigns.co.uk

Exotic garden design.
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Sorry Guys
I noticed
Can you do your discussions elsewhere?
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

so you put pictures up on a cactus forum but don't want comments & chat about them :!: , maybe you should just host them on an image only site and post the link .
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by Tony R »

Tina wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:15 pm so you put pictures up on a cactus forum but don't want comments & chat about them :!: , maybe you should just host them on an image only site and post the link .
(tu)
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Paul in Essex
BCSS Member

Post by Paul in Essex »

That's the trouble with/ one of the joys of (delete as appropriate) the internet - we post on a forum and have no control over what happens next! Who knows where the discussion will lead?
www.oasisdesigns.co.uk

Exotic garden design.
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Apologies for my naivety.
Chat about plants ... yes ... I'm all for that.
Banter .... no problem .... I'm all for that.
Positive comments .... I'm all for that.
Positive suggestions about ... whatever .... I'm all for that.
However we know that some posters revel in posting negatively regardless of the conduct suggestions. I'll say no more.
Paul in Essex
BCSS Member

Post by Paul in Essex »

el48tel wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:23 pm I'll say no more.
Actually, please do - I have no idea what or who you are talking about. I suspect this is aimed at me? Or maybe Stuart? Tina? Tony? Someone else? It is difficult to tell from your nebulous insinuations. Then at least everyone knows where we all stand.
www.oasisdesigns.co.uk

Exotic garden design.