Winter growers and their requirements

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Tony R
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Winter growers and their requirements

Post by Tony R »

MatDz wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:02 pm
ianstrutt wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:42 am The booklet arrived last night - what's the consensus around sharing scans of things like this that are hard to come by? More than happy to do it, but I don't want to break any rules.
I would be more afraid of breaking the copyright laws, but am happy to help assess the severity of the offense if sent the scans :mrgreen:
A preferred place for it to be held would be on the CactusPro Library website - they seem to have the right approach to making such things available, particularly with the approval of the copyright owner of such a 'recent' publication.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
TomInTucson
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Re: Winter growers and their requirements

Post by TomInTucson »

Tony R wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:53 pm
MatDz wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:02 pm
ianstrutt wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:42 am The booklet arrived last night - what's the consensus around sharing scans of things like this that are hard to come by? More than happy to do it, but I don't want to break any rules.
I would be more afraid of breaking the copyright laws, but am happy to help assess the severity of the offense if sent the scans :mrgreen:
A preferred place for it to be held would be on the CactusPro Library website - they seem to have the right approach to making such things available, particularly with the approval of the copyright owner of such a 'recent' publication.
That's a very good idea. That web site has already acquired a huge number of legal publications on several popular topics. They have done a great job of putting so much archived material in a convenient spot, much like the objective of the Cactus Mall. Even though when the internet was in it's infancy for the masses, it was one of the only sites that you could go to find very much at all about succulent plants. The internet has certainly changed, but I still start many of my searches there each week. There are very few sites which I bookmark now, but sites like these deserve them.