Does anyone grow Echeveria purpusorum (Köhres 7540)

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
MatDz
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Does anyone grow Echeveria purpusorum (Köhres 7540)

Post by MatDz »

The title says it all really, I am interested in seeing the Echeveria purpusorum from Köhres seeds 7540 - there aren't many pure E. purpusorum around, and getting some from seeds would be a viable option if the seeds are what they claim to be.
Mat
edds
BCSS Member

Re: Does anyone grow Echeveria purpusorum (Köhres 7540)

Post by edds »

I've got some plants Mat - will try and remember to take some pictures over the weekend (might be able to tomorrow morning before I head out for a meeting!).

I still have a sneaking suspicion they are hybrids at this stage. Certainly some of the seedlings are.
Ed

BCSS member 53038
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

I thought a high hybridisation might a case here, it is the price E. purpusorum pays for its popularity. I wonder if there are genuine seeds available even in Mexico itself (not that I would order some from there given the legal obstacles!).

Still, thanks for the incoming photoshoot!
Mat
PhilipPV
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTHAMPTON

Post by PhilipPV »

I think the ban on seed exports from Mexico only applies to Cactaceae, so in theory there shouldn't be any more problem getting Echeveria seed from there than from anywhere else. Probably a bit expensive for one pack of seeds, though.
Philip P-V

Poole, Dorset

Growing South American cacti, Echinocereus, succulent bromeliads, smaller Aloeae, hardy Crassulaceae and whatever else catches my eye.