Northwest Mesemb Show, October 6th

Habitat, nursery/collection and show tours.
BrianMc
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Northwest Mesemb Show, October 6th

Post by BrianMc »

Like I said, I didn't take too many pics, but hope this gives a taster.

[attachment 7318 manmes01.jpg]
Attachments
+ICQElDQ19QUk9GSUxFAAEBAAACMEFEQkUCEAAAbW50clJHQiBYWVogB88ABgADAAAAAAAAYWNzcEFQUEwAAAAAbm9uZQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPbWAAEAAAAA0y1BREJFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKY3B
+ICQElDQ19QUk9GSUxFAAEBAAACMEFEQkUCEAAAbW50clJHQiBYWVogB88ABgADAAAAAAAAYWNzcEFQUEwAAAAAbm9uZQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPbWAAEAAAAA0y1BREJFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKY3B (78.67 KiB) Viewed 1603 times
Especially interested in Mesembs. small Aloes and South African miniatures and bulbs.
Keen propagator and compulsive 'tickler'!
Instagram #myscottishgreenhouse
BrianMc
BCSS Member

Post by BrianMc »

[attachment 7319 manmes02.jpg]
Attachments
+ICQElDQ19QUk9GSUxFAAEBAAACMEFEQkUCEAAAbW50clJHQiBYWVogB88ABgADAAAAAAAAYWNzcEFQUEwAAAAAbm9uZQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPbWAAEAAAAA0y1BREJFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKY3B
+ICQElDQ19QUk9GSUxFAAEBAAACMEFEQkUCEAAAbW50clJHQiBYWVogB88ABgADAAAAAAAAYWNzcEFQUEwAAAAAbm9uZQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPbWAAEAAAAA0y1BREJFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKY3B (68.7 KiB) Viewed 1603 times
Especially interested in Mesembs. small Aloes and South African miniatures and bulbs.
BrianMc
BCSS Member

Post by BrianMc »

[attachment 7320 manmes03.jpg]
Attachments
+ICQElDQ19QUk9GSUxFAAEBAAACMEFEQkUCEAAAbW50clJHQiBYWVogB88ABgADAAAAAAAAYWNzcEFQUEwAAAAAbm9uZQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPbWAAEAAAAA0y1BREJFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKY3B (70.14 KiB) Viewed 1603 times
BrianMc
BCSS Member

Post by BrianMc »

Two enthusiasts salivating over a rather nice Gibbaeum ( best plant in show) and providing the plant enough moisture to last the rest of the growing season(:D
[attachment 7322 DTIN.jpg]
Attachments
+ICQElDQ19QUk9GSUxFAAEBAAACMEFEQkUCEAAAbW50clJHQiBYWVogB88ABgADAAAAAAAAYWNzcEFQUEwAAAAAbm9uZQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPbWAAEAAAAA0y1BREJFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKY3B (37.24 KiB) Viewed 1603 times
BrianMc
BCSS Member

Post by BrianMc »

Best conophytum was this terrific C.herreanthus belonging to John Collins
[attachment 7323 best-cono.jpg]
Attachments
+ICQElDQ19QUk9GSUxFAAEBAAACMEFEQkUCEAAAbW50clJHQiBYWVogB88ABgADAAAAAAAAYWNzcEFQUEwAAAAAbm9uZQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPbWAAEAAAAA0y1BREJFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKY3B (41.86 KiB) Viewed 1603 times
Bill

Post by Bill »

Thanks Brian.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
BrianMc
BCSS Member

Post by BrianMc »

".....I love the sort of bonsai looking trees with the tall type conos on the ends of the branches. Never seen anything like those before!"

Well spotted Julie, these are Mitrophyllum, they used to be known as Conophyllum!

Well we had an exceptionally talented judge who knew quality when he saw it;)

So I am pretty pleased with my results.
I got 1st place in class 4 for my Astridia dinteri
1st and 3rd place in class 5 for my Hereroa herrei and Bergeranthus sp?
I also took 1st place for class 8 and 4 conophytum in PNO 2.75" seen here:-
back left C.marginatum littlewoodii, back right C. tantillum ssp. helenae, front left C.luckhoffii and front right c.regale.
[attachment 7325 4conos.jpg]
Attachments
+ICQElDQ19QUk9GSUxFAAEBAAACMEFEQkUCEAAAbW50clJHQiBYWVogB88ABgADAAAAAAAAYWNzcEFQUEwAAAAAbm9uZQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPbWAAEAAAAA0y1BREJFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKY3B (54.33 KiB) Viewed 1603 times
Bill

Post by Bill »

Well done Brian.

Julie tells fibs about the Mitrophyllum, if you remember there were some in the pics of the plants I got from Tom (:D

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
BrianMc
BCSS Member

Post by BrianMc »

I also got a 2nd place in class 14 with my Orthopterum waltoniae,
2nd place in class 18 with Lampranthus zeyheri, 3rd place in class 11 for Delosperma eburneum and 2nd place in class 33 for 6 plants different genera in pots not over 3.5", seen here:
back left Mitrophyllum tenuifolium, b.r. Cheiridopsis denticulata,
middle left Conophytum fibuliforme (bolusiae?), M.R. Pleiospilos nelii,
front left Titanopsis calcarea and front right Lithops viridis.
[attachment 7326 6genera.jpg]

Julie, you asked how old the pleiospilos is...
I got this plant in 1983 it divided into 2 heads in 1985 and remained as a two headed plant on long , divergent stems until 18 months ago when I chopped it and rerooted both heads.
Attachments
+ICQElDQ19QUk9GSUxFAAEBAAACMEFEQkUCEAAAbW50clJHQiBYWVogB88ABgADAAAAAAAAYWNzcEFQUEwAAAAAbm9uZQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPbWAAEAAAAA0y1BREJFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKY3B (94.31 KiB) Viewed 1603 times
BrianMc
BCSS Member

Post by BrianMc »

Chhers Bill.

Here are just a few more of the collection class
First prize won by John Collins
[attachment 7328 collection01.jpg]
Attachments
+ICQElDQ19QUk9GSUxFAAEBAAACMEFEQkUCEAAAbW50clJHQiBYWVogB88ABgADAAAAAAAAYWNzcEFQUEwAAAAAbm9uZQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPbWAAEAAAAA0y1BREJFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKY3B (70.28 KiB) Viewed 1603 times