Northwest Mesemb Show, October 6th

Habitat, nursery/collection and show tours.
iann
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Northwest Mesemb Show, October 6th

Post by iann »

Just sneaking a piece of Brian's prize-winning shrubbie into my pocket, Hob ;)
Cheshire, UK
B.A.
BCSS Member
Branch: CORNWALL

Post by B.A. »

Outstanding Brian (tu)
Bruce
North Essex

BrianMc
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by BrianMc »

Cheers evryone,

I would just like to say that my success wasrather insignificant compared to a few of the other exhibitors, entering many of the 37 classes with amazing plants!:notwo:

Lindsey,

Thanks for the ego boost, but I can't help feeling your praise is far too generous. I just water it and repot it occasionally. The plant does the rest.

I do find it to be a shy flowerer and it is certainly not a guaranteed annual event, so perhaps this year has not been such a washout. The good weather we have had in Scotland this Autumn seems to be improving the chances of the late flowerers. I also have bromfieldii insularis (normal and sulphurea) budding up well. I find these to be relatively shy too.
However, the easy and early flowerers, such as karasmontana, salicola and marmorata have done nothing, their worst performance ever!Perhaps their critical 'moment' was during all that wet summer!
Especially interested in Mesembs. small Aloes and South African miniatures and bulbs.
Keen propagator and compulsive 'tickler'!
Instagram #myscottishgreenhouse
Dot
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Dot »

Just a few pics I took at the Show.
I really enjoyed the whole day, and hope that it becomes an annual event. It was great to meet Ian after writing about Delospermas.
Dot
Zone 3 Rep.
Dot
BCSS Member

Post by Dot »

Here come the pictures, hopefully!
Dot
Zone 3 Rep.
Dot
BCSS Member

Post by Dot »

[attachment 7355 JohnCollinsMesembShow07.jpg]
John Collins and cup.
Attachments
4WhqRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAGAA8BAgASAAAAVgAAABABAgAKAAAAaAAAADEBAgAKAAAAcgAAADIBAgAUAAAAfAAAABMCAwABAAAAAgB8AGmHBAABAAAAkAAAAAAAAABOSUtPTiBDT1JQT1JBVElPTgBOSUtPTiBEODAAVmVyLjEuMDEgADIwMDY6MDE6MjIgMjI6MzQ6MzUAJwCaggUAAQAAAGoCAACdggU
4WhqRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAGAA8BAgASAAAAVgAAABABAgAKAAAAaAAAADEBAgAKAAAAcgAAADIBAgAUAAAAfAAAABMCAwABAAAAAgB8AGmHBAABAAAAkAAAAAAAAABOSUtPTiBDT1JQT1JBVElPTgBOSUtPTiBEODAAVmVyLjEuMDEgADIwMDY6MDE6MjIgMjI6MzQ6MzUAJwCaggUAAQAAAGoCAACdggU (53.77 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
Dot
Zone 3 Rep.
Dot
BCSS Member

Post by Dot »

[attachment 7356 Lithopsgreenbud.jpg]
This Lithops was one of Gordon Foster's first prize exhibit of Lithops within a given space.
Can anyone name it?
Attachments
4Wh4RXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAGAA8BAgASAAAAVgAAABABAgAKAAAAaAAAADEBAgAKAAAAcgAAADIBAgAUAAAAfAAAABMCAwABAAAAAgB8AGmHBAABAAAAkAAAAAAAAABOSUtPTiBDT1JQT1JBVElPTgBOSUtPTiBEODAAVmVyLjEuMDEgADIwMDY6MDE6MjIgMjI6MzM6NTYAJwCaggUAAQAAAGoCAACdggU
4Wh4RXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAGAA8BAgASAAAAVgAAABABAgAKAAAAaAAAADEBAgAKAAAAcgAAADIBAgAUAAAAfAAAABMCAwABAAAAAgB8AGmHBAABAAAAkAAAAAAAAABOSUtPTiBDT1JQT1JBVElPTgBOSUtPTiBEODAAVmVyLjEuMDEgADIwMDY6MDE6MjIgMjI6MzM6NTYAJwCaggUAAQAAAGoCAACdggU (72.24 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
Dot
Zone 3 Rep.
Dot
BCSS Member

Post by Dot »

[attachment 7358 LithopsMesembShow07.jpg]
A fine exibit in the one Lithops class.
Attachments
4W++RXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAGAA8BAgASAAAAVgAAABABAgAKAAAAaAAAADEBAgAKAAAAcgAAADIBAgAUAAAAfAAAABMCAwABAAAAAgB8AGmHBAABAAAAkAAAAAAAAABOSUtPTiBDT1JQT1JBVElPTgBOSUtPTiBEODAAVmVyLjEuMDEgADIwMDY6MDE6MjIgMjI6MzI6NDMAJwCaggUAAQAAAGoCAACdggU
4W++RXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAGAA8BAgASAAAAVgAAABABAgAKAAAAaAAAADEBAgAKAAAAcgAAADIBAgAUAAAAfAAAABMCAwABAAAAAgB8AGmHBAABAAAAkAAAAAAAAABOSUtPTiBDT1JQT1JBVElPTgBOSUtPTiBEODAAVmVyLjEuMDEgADIwMDY6MDE6MjIgMjI6MzI6NDMAJwCaggUAAQAAAGoCAACdggU (65.28 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
Dot
Zone 3 Rep.
Dot
BCSS Member

Post by Dot »

[attachment 7359 Lithops2MesmbShow07.jpg]
This is one Lithops I would like to take home.
Attachments
4WrMRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAGAA8BAgASAAAAVgAAABABAgAKAAAAaAAAADEBAgAKAAAAcgAAADIBAgAUAAAAfAAAABMCAwABAAAAAgB8AGmHBAABAAAAkAAAAAAAAABOSUtPTiBDT1JQT1JBVElPTgBOSUtPTiBEODAAVmVyLjEuMDEgADIwMDY6MDE6MjIgMjI6MzM6MjMAJwCaggUAAQAAAGoCAACdggU
4WrMRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAGAA8BAgASAAAAVgAAABABAgAKAAAAaAAAADEBAgAKAAAAcgAAADIBAgAUAAAAfAAAABMCAwABAAAAAgB8AGmHBAABAAAAkAAAAAAAAABOSUtPTiBDT1JQT1JBVElPTgBOSUtPTiBEODAAVmVyLjEuMDEgADIwMDY6MDE6MjIgMjI6MzM6MjMAJwCaggUAAQAAAGoCAACdggU (64.59 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
Dot
Zone 3 Rep.
Maria J
BCSS Member
Branch: SHREWSBURY
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Post by Maria J »

Wow! Can't name it but what fabulously bright green buds!! ::o
Maria
Shrewsbury Branch - Shropshire UK
Joined BCSS April 06 (# 48776)

Tending more towards cacti :D, particularly Gymnocalyciums, Rebutias, Sulcorebutias, Echinopses, Thelos, Feros and Mamms (and anything else I like the look of!) all in an 8 x 6 polycarb greenhouse and a few windowsills!