C&S Annual show in Bangkok

Habitat, nursery/collection and show tours.
pijaya
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

C&S Annual show in Bangkok

Post by pijaya »

I haven't post here for a while, hope you all doing great and preparing for the dormancy period. I am back in Bangkok now, after completing my master in the UK

yesterday there was a cactus&succulent show in Bangkok, part of a home&garden expo. This is an annual event. This year I judged for the "other" succulent sections and it was a lot of fun, but at times it was very hard to choose the winners!.

There are a lot of photos. Follow the links and please enjoy the pictures :baringt:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/ ... Medium.jpg[/IMG]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pijaya,in Bangkok, Thailand :)Image
pijaya
Registered Guest

Re: C&S Annual show in Bangkok

Post by pijaya »

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pijaya,in Bangkok, Thailand :)Image
Stuart Estell
BCSS Member
Branch: BRADFORD
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Stuart Estell »

Some truly astonishing plants there - and some seriously talented growers. The things that really stuck with me are that large Digitostigma, the Uebelmannias and the Discocactus, and the huge number of crests and variegates! I'm lost for words...
Patrick
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET

Post by Patrick »

What an amazing show. Extraordinary plants and lots of young people taking an interest. Thanks for sharing that.
Patrick. Small varied collection of North American, Mexican and Andean Cacti. Variegated Agaves and Echeveria. Developing a succulent garden in Portugal. Joined Somerset BCSS and forum in 2007.
jhb
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by jhb »

Some excellant plants. I`d be very happy to have some of those in my collection. Any chance of E Baying them.;)
Jayne H.B.
Growing Mamms, Turbs, Ario`s & a bit of most genera in darkest North Devon. Love Lithops too.Now getting hooked on Haworthia`s & Cono`s.
BrianMc
BCSS Member

Post by BrianMc »

Hi Pijaya,

Firstly, congratulations on completing your Masters.
Did you manage to take all your lovely plants back with you when you returned to Bangkok?

What a show! Interesting to see the difference between there and here and the heavy influence of Variegates and cultivars. I suppose a show has to reflect the interests of the growers. Not many mamms I notice.

I see that Bangkok is just about in the northern hemisphere, so I suppose it is late Autumn there too ( in a fashion) and so the conophytum are performing correctly, but I find it incredible that the conophytum look so good with your climate!

Great pics, thank you.

Best regards,
Brian
Especially interested in Mesembs. small Aloes and South African miniatures and bulbs.
Keen propagator and compulsive 'tickler'!
Instagram #myscottishgreenhouse
Diane
BCSS Member

Post by Diane »

Oh, WOW!!! Fabulous show, thanks so much Pijaya! (and congratulations, too). As a variegate nut, I loved all of those, but there were some amazing plants there.
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
Cactus Jack
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHERN IRELAND
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by Cactus Jack »

WOW!!fantastic Pijaya great plants , i loved the Arios and the Ferros , they were all good (tu)
Stephen.. Bangor. N. Ireland.
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

Amazing plants! And no prizes for guessing which one you liked best ;)
Cheshire, UK
Marlon Machado
Registered Guest

Post by Marlon Machado »

Hello Pijaya,

Congratulations for the conclusion of your masters, and thanks for the pictures - the show was really impressive! I specially like the pictures of the Astrophytum myriostigma cultivars in the second picture, and all those Ariocarpus!

Cheers,
Marlon Machado.

Institute for Systematic Botany, University of Zurich, Zollikerstrasse 107, CH-8008 Zurich, Switzerland.