Havering Cactus Mart

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Angie
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: PORTSMOUTH & District
Role within the BCSS: Member

Havering Cactus Mart

Post by Angie »

Hi all,

The next cactus event reasonably near me is the Havering Cactus Mart. I am planning to go there, is anyone else going?

I would like a badge, as this has been mentioned before, is there a place where I could get it online and print myself one?

I am saving my money already and hopefully will meet some more people from this Forum there:ban:
Angie
Member of BCSS Portsmouth and District Branch since 1993
I like Fraileas,Turbinicarpus and other small cacti and a lot of the tall ones
North Lincs Mike
Registered Guest
Branch: GRIMSBY

Re: Havering Cactus Mart

Post by North Lincs Mike »

Hi Angie

I hope to be there wearing my Forum badge.

Don't know what is happening re badges - several refs on "Are you proud" post a week or so back.

Mike
Newish collector/grower; mixed lot in a new 12x18 g/h and my old re-erected 10x8 - good job I didn't sell it !
Andrew H
Registered Guest

Post by Andrew H »

Hopefully going, on the look out for Gyms - my favourite.
Andrew H
Dagenham, Essex
Roger Mann
BCSS Member
Branch: CORNWALL

Post by Roger Mann »

Hello Angie,

I hope to be there as the Clacton on Sea Branch are trying to organise a mini bus.

I shall wear a home made cardboard FORUM Badge. Perhaps the BCSS could get Forum badges made. Does anyone have any new info on these badges?

Hopefully I will find some interesting Gasterias and Aeoniums.
Roger Mann Clacton on Sea.
B.C.S.S Member 32963 Clacton on Sea Branch and Sedum Society .CSSA long time member also Alpine Garden Society. I collect Sedums and Opuntias large and small. I live in Essex and also go to Chelmsford branch meetings. :grin: :grin: Roger Mann.
Juliette
Registered Guest
Branch: LUTON

Post by Juliette »

I'll be there with a minibus full of Luton branch members. Will try & have a badge ready.
Juliette Hatt
Luton Branch
Cactus Kid
BCSS Member
Branch: HAVERING
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by Cactus Kid »

As a Havering branch member I will be there at around 7.30 am :sleep: to help with the setting up and unloading! This is not quite as selfless as it seems as it entitles me to a half hour buying spree before the event opens.:D (Don't worry there will be plenty left as I only have a small and already overly full greenhouse)

I Hope someone comes up with a quick way to enable us all to identify each other, I started the thread on the badges a couple of week ago re the National show, and believe that someone is looking into obtaining some permanent metal badges for then.

I'll look forward to seeing you all there.
Joined Havering branch 2006, although have been growing on and off since the age of ten!
Have a large balanced collection of both cacti and succulents but enjoy growing cristate, monstrose and generally anything a bit weird!
Victoria
BCSS Member
Branch: PORTSMOUTH & District

Post by Victoria »

Beat me to it Angie, was going to ask if any forum members going!

Also was wondering if there was a list of nurseries attending, I see Toobees (yay!) and Kilnwood Cactus have notes on there websites that they are attending, who else?
Victoria

BCSS Member since 2005. My collection has been somewhat neglected since starting a PhD but I am particularly keen on Crassulaceae, succulent Pelargoniums and South African bulbs.
Bill
Branch: None

Post by Bill »

Hi Guys

I am looking into the badge but I work full time for the NHS, have a small farm to look after, my plants and other gardening, a horticultural show to organise, this forum to keep an eye on, and degree in healthcare management that I am doing, oh and a family too, so you'll have to excuse me if I haven't got anything organised yet.

And yes I have had a bad day at work. So :neer:

If any one wants a copy of the badge to print out please feel free to PM me.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
David_L
BCSS Member
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by David_L »

Can someone remind me when Havering is please. Thanks
David

Bromley Branch
Mainly small Cacti + a few Mesembs.
Bill
Branch: None

Post by Bill »

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.