Updated seed lists

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
MatDz
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Updated seed lists

Post by MatDz »

Cidermanrolls wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:20 pm My eldest son lives in Strasbourg - he might come in useful next November…..
Finally, after all the effort and investment over the years!
Mat
esp
BCSS Member
Branch: BRADFORD

Post by esp »

ADBLPS email from Friday:
"Your payment had been received on 18-November-2021. Many thanks.
[other details]
Your order will be prepared in January."

So likely to be similar timescales to last year, when it my order took about 7 weeks to dispatch.
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

esp wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:19 pm ADBLPS email from Friday:
"Your payment had been received on 18-November-2021. Many thanks.
[other details]
Your order will be prepared in January."

So likely to be similar timescales to last year, when it my order took about 7 weeks to dispatch.
Forget what I wrote below, we still have half a year of importing freedom!

Might be worth trying to convince him to process and despatch UK orders before the EoY.
Mat
Davey246
Registered Guest
Branch: LEICESTER

Post by Davey246 »

If I read things correctly, the fairy tale about phytosanitary needs for import into the UK has been mentioned again.

I picked up the tale a while ago and didn't beleive it, so checked with DEFRA about there being some kind of delayed introduction after Brexit.

In short, there is not and never has been - phytosanitary cert's have been required since the moment that the UK left, for seeds and plants (and for reverse trade as well). I even spent time going round things on the DEFRA website and it says the same in very plain English.
SimonT
Registered Guest

Post by SimonT »

If you read this document:-
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/import-plan ... rn-ireland
If C&S seed are "regulated" products then does this not mean that a phyto will be needed from 1st July 2022 to import these seed from the EU? Is this the wrong interpretation?
esp
BCSS Member

Post by esp »

Davey246 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:24 pm If I read things correctly, the fairy tale about phytosanitary needs for import into the UK has been mentioned again.

I picked up the tale a while ago and didn't beleive it, so checked with DEFRA about there being some kind of delayed introduction after Brexit.

In short, there is not and never has been - phytosanitary cert's have been required since the moment that the UK left, for seeds and plants (and for reverse trade as well). I even spent time going round things on the DEFRA website and it says the same in very plain English.
According the the version of the defra website I am looking at, this is not true and PCs are not needed at present. If you see something to the contrary, can you let us know where.

Cactus and succulent seeds fall outside of the those specified as high priority items and will sit, along with nearly all seeds for planting, in the category of "regulated" but not "regulated and notifiable".

Here's defra's handy timetable page for the incremental introduction of rules:

https://planthealthportal.defra.gov.uk/ ... -and-2022/

The principal text from this is:

"From 1 January 2021:
All high-priority plants and plant products require pre-notification and to be accompanied by a PC, with import checks taking place at PoDs.

From 1 January 2022:
All high-priority plants and plant products will continue to require pre-notification and to be accompanied by a PC, with import checks taking place at PoDs.

All other plants, plant products and other objects from the EU, Liechtenstein and Switzerland, which are categorised as ‘regulated and notifiable’ (article 72 goods) will require pre-notification but not a PC.

From 1 July 2022:
All plants, plant products and other objects categorised as either ‘regulated and notifiable’ or ‘regulated’ must be accompanied by a PC.

All plants, plant products and other objects categorised as ‘regulated’ (article 73 goods) will require pre-notification, but only if instructed to do so upon submitting a customs import declaration.
"
esp
BCSS Member

Post by esp »

SimonT wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:09 pm If you read this document:-
If C&S seed are "regulated" products then does this not mean that a phyto will be needed from 1st July 2022 to import these seed from the EU? Is this the wrong interpretation?
I agree with your interpretation. Actually, I don't think it's really an interpretation. The words are unambiguous.
A PC will only be needed from 1/7/22.
Last edited by esp on Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RAYWOODBRIDGE
BCSS Member

Post by RAYWOODBRIDGE »

Should that not be 1/7/22 :oops:
Ray

BCSS member 50155
DKG member 311605
Echinocereenfreund member 100

Cactus only collection mainly from seed.
MatDz
BCSS Member

Post by MatDz »

Davey246 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:24 pm If I read things correctly, the fairy tale about phytosanitary needs for import into the UK has been mentioned again.

[...]
I really don't think so, as this is not the place for picking that discussion up again. It was already mentioned many times in the other thread that your source in DEFRA contradicts their own website(s), and from the two the latter is more believable...
Mat
esp
BCSS Member

Post by esp »

esp wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:01 pm
SimonT wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:09 pm If you read this document:-
I agree with your interpretation. Actually, I don't think it's really an interpretation. The words are unambiguous.
A PC will only be needed from 1/7/22.