Updated seed lists

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Aiko
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Updated seed lists

Post by Aiko »

esp wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:39 am NEOWERDERMANNIA chilensis CS_21.1_27  > Putre/Chili [CS/01] - SoldOut
BULBINE torta JAA_2540  > Pakhuis Pass [JAA/21] - SoldOut
I had the same with these two. The Neowerdermannia chilensis I have hardly seen being offered anywhere, so for the connoisseur I can imagine this would be an interesting species.

I have noticed that the bulbs seem to be popular this year. I am the type of sower that prefers to order multiple portions of a species I am interested in. If I have to sow, I might as well sow a pot full instead of just a few seeds in one pot. I hardly get refused multiple portions for my seed orders anywhere, but this time I only got 1 portion for all the bulbs I requested (and none for the B. torta). Was quite surprising.
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

Aiko wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:30 pm The Neowerdermannia chilensis I have hardly seen being offered anywhere, so for the connoisseur I can imagine this would be an interesting species.
It has been offered before - I bought some in 2018 and have two little seedlings.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
esp
BCSS Member
Branch: BRADFORD

Post by esp »

Phil_SK wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:23 pm
Aiko wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:30 pm The Neowerdermannia chilensis I have hardly seen being offered anywhere, so for the connoisseur I can imagine this would be an interesting species.
It has been offered before - I bought some in 2018 and have two little seedlings.
I bought some in 2018 and have one seedling - I think only 1 or 2 ever germinated. N. vorverkii did much better.
I ordered in mid December in 2018, so that year the species hadn't sold out instantly, or else he managed to restock.
ralphrmartin
BCSS Research Committee Chairman
Role within the BCSS: Chairman - Research

Post by ralphrmartin »

I have found N. chilensis harder to grow than N. vorwerkeri, too.
Ralph Martin
https://www.rrm.me.uk/Cacti/cacti.html
Members visiting the Llyn Peninsula are welcome to visit my collection.

Swaps and sales at https://www.rrm.me.uk/Cacti/forsale.php

My Field Number Database is at https://www.fieldnos.bcss.org.uk
TomInTucson
Registered Guest

Post by TomInTucson »

As promised, here are the items from my ADBLPS
order which are out of stock:

9970 ARIOCARPUS bravoanus
2845 CORYPHANTHA durangensis
199 ECHINOMASTUS warnockii
415 GYMNOCALYCIUM berchtii
2200 MAMMILLARIA herrerae
2227 MAMMILLARIA huitzilopochtli v. imperialis
2769 ORTEGOCACTUS macdougallii
2442 PELECYPHORA aselliformis

Despite these being unavailable, I should
receive 49 other stock numbers.

Their turnaround time was less than 4 days.
They could hardly be more responsive! I also
like the fact that they notify you when the
order has shipped (within a relatively short
time since the order was confirmed), and
they include a tracking number!
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Also out of stock:

"486 ERIOSYCE islayensis fa. bicolor [SS_299/97] - SoldOut"

Something for my order for next year then, I guess. Too bad, as it was actually looking forward to this one based on the picture ADBLPS also provides (and is quite a help, really!)

fatich
Registered Guest

Post by fatich »

I also ordered some seeds from ADBLPS this year. Some seeds sold out too fast like previous years. This year i was two days late to order the seeds so a few species i couldnt manage to get.

The trick is, prepare your list before the update date, generally his list is the same with previous years, only a few differences each year, some seeds are in some seeds are out.

Right after the list is released, send your list to him so you wont miss any seeds that you would like to buy.

Generally Aymeric responses emails fast, but it takes some days to response in the days after he updates his seed list. I can imagine how many emails he recieves in these days. :)
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Have anyone heard back from SuccSeed after ordering this year?
I ordered some seeds on 8 October. But besides the automatic system message, I heard nothing. I am used for SuccSeed to faster than this even after just updating the seed list. But maybe he is just terribly busy with all the orders.
Cidermanrolls
BCSS Member
Branch: LINCOLN

Post by Cidermanrolls »

This is the list of what was sold out on my ADBLPS order:
COPIAPOA minima KK_1138 > Totoral Bajo/Chili [MG_85.719/05] - SoldOut
EPITHELANTHA micromeris L_749a > Parras 1100m/COAH/Mexique [U_4974/97] - SoldOut
EPITHELANTHA micromeris fa. neomexicana [DR/15] - SoldOut
PTEROCACTUS araucanus SAR_9042 > Gualjaina/Cushamen/Chubut/Argentine [DSW/SAR/15] - SoldOut
PTEROCACTUS araucanus SAR_9052 > route Gualjaina à Cushamen/Cushamen/Chubut/Argentine [DSW/SAR/15] - SoldOut
PTEROCACTUS hickenii v. skottsbergii RH_2299c_(OR) > Perito_Moreno_500m/Lago_Buenos_Aires/Santa_Cruz/Argentine [RH] - SoldOut

Shame about the Pterocacti, I was looking forwards to those - let's hope we can still get seeds from Europe next year....
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

Aiko wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:41 pm Have anyone heard back from SuccSeed after ordering this year?
I ordered on the 9th of October and received them on the 18th.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia