Society seed

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Mike P
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BROMLEY
Role within the BCSS: Branch Secretary

Society seed

Post by Mike P »

Has anyone else not received their seed order this year? I sent mine off on the 14th Dec. but nothing received to date.
Mike
Secretary Bromley Branch
Tony R
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Society seed

Post by Tony R »

See Pete A's posting of Dec 19th

http://bcss.org.uk/foruma/viewtopic.php ... 59#p245659

and the answer from me is, not yet.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Aiko
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Aiko »

Tony R wrote:See Pete A's posting of Dec 19th

http://bcss.org.uk/foruma/viewtopic.php ... 59#p245659

and the answer from me is, not yet.
"You are not authorised to read this forum."
Tony R

Post by Tony R »

Aiko wrote:"You are not authorised to read this forum."
But BCSS Members on the Forum who have joined the 'BCSS Members' group as Mike P has above, will be able to read it :wink:
As you discovered, Aiko, 'Registered Guests' cannot.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Boo!
jhb
BCSS Member

Post by jhb »

Nothing yet but I think there's was a problem with seed being delivered to the distributor
Jayne H.B.
Growing Mamms, Turbs, Ario`s & a bit of most genera in darkest North Devon. Love Lithops too.Now getting hooked on Haworthia`s & Cono`s.
Pete A
Branch: READING & BASINGSTOKE
Role within the BCSS: Committee member

Post by Pete A »

As per the previous notice, a large batch of seed was lost by the Royal Mail for a considerable amount of time. It was eventually found and arrived the day before we had to finalise the list for printing. Without them the seed list would have been considerably shorter so I took the decision to keep them on it.

That together with the usually last minute mesemb seed from Steve Hammer means that the seed counters have been struggling to get everything counted out. We are now down to just a handful of mesemb seed however its all in capsules and is the really fine stuff. My counters have all complained its too small and tricky so these last items are down to me to count. Sadly I'm too busy until the 20th so it's going to be late Jan before orders start going out.
Zone 8 Representative (Birmingham, High Wycombe, Kingston-on-Thames, Oxford, Reading & Basingstoke, Woking).
Pete A
Branch: READING & BASINGSTOKE
Role within the BCSS: Committee member

Post by Pete A »

Thanks to help from Allan Armitage and the other seed counters, we are now almost ready for the seed distribution.

I expect to deliver it to the seed distributer on Monday so distribution should start sometime this week.
Zone 8 Representative (Birmingham, High Wycombe, Kingston-on-Thames, Oxford, Reading & Basingstoke, Woking).