CactiGuide

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Mintylemonade
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: CactiGuide

Post by Mintylemonade »

Tried logging in myself both yesterday and today- failed on both occasions

Strict Standards: Non-static method phpbb_captcha_factory::get_instance() should not be called statically in /mnt/storage/daiv/public_html/forum/posting.php on line 185

Strict Standards: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method phpbb_captcha_sortables::get_instance() should not be called statically in /mnt/storage/daiv/public_html/forum/includes/captcha/captcha_factory.php on line 38
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/posting.php:185)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/posting.php:185)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/posting.php:185)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/posting.php:185)

Thats the lengthy message I everytime I log in and immediately get logged out.
:???:
majcka
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by majcka »

Interesting. I was trying to post and my post was cuccesfully added. In the mean time something simmilar was written on the to pof the screen.
Maja
BCSS No. 50507

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier.
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

IanW
Registered Guest
Branch: LEEDS

Post by IanW »

DaveW wrote:But then I suppose we could find as many eccentrics in Europe if we looked for them.
Yes, we really don't have to look very far at all.
Peter
BCSS Member

Post by Peter »

Sometimes it's just as far as the nearest mirror, Ian.
IanW
Registered Guest
Branch: LEEDS

Post by IanW »

Yeah, I don't think it really needed explaining.
DaveW
BCSS Member
Branch: NOTTINGHAM
Role within the BCSS: Branch President

Post by DaveW »

Excentrics made Britain Great, it was the mundane conformists and "jobsworths" that pulled us down again. :grin:
Nottingham Branch BCSS. Joined the then NCSS in 1961, Membership number 11944. Cactus only collection.
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

DaveW wrote:Excentrics made Britain Great...
Does that include spelling eccentrics, Dave?
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
Herts Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Post by Herts Mike »

These are people who use to be eccentrics.
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

Herts Mike wrote:These are people who use to be eccentrics.
You mean they're ex eccentrics, otherwise known as excentrics. Yes, now I understand :wink: .
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
Bill

Post by Bill »

Peter wrote:Dave: thanks for bringing this Cactiguide forum to my attention. Without looking too closely at it yet, it seems to be better than the bcss forum in that it seems to separate cacti and the other succulents which have somewhat dominated the bcss forum of late, to the point of some tediousness.

That's something that would in my opinion, improve the bcss forum
The simple answer is post about cacti to redress the balance rather than moan about other succulent posts, after all its not to be unexpected as there are far more of them than cacti.

That said with the new iteration of the forum to come some time in the new year (currently only at the planning stage), I hope to being in a few changes and that may be one of them.

Bill

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.