eNews

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Werewolf
BCSS Zone Rep
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

eNews

Post by Werewolf »

I am hearing reports that some email services are categorising the BCSS eNews as spam and treating it accordingly. If you have not been receiving your e-copy, you may wish to check your spam folders.

Back issues can be viewed at:

https://us13.campaign-archive.com/home/ ... c771004fe1

You should also be able to subscribe from here (it's free and you don't have to be a BCSS member) or you can email your request to enews at talktalk dot net.

Graham Evans
eNews Editor
ragamala
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHERN IRELAND

Re: eNews

Post by ragamala »

Werewolf wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:39 pm I am hearing reports that some email services are categorising the BCSS eNews as spam and treating it accordingly.
eNews Editor
This certainly happened to me a couple of times through my yahoo.com email account, but then the situation resolved itself over the last couple of months. I have no idea why some mails get treated this way (including from other sources) which on other occasions come through normally to my inbox, so am not sure any remedy can be found.
Terry S.

Post by Terry S. »

My email provider has got various levels of spam filtering. I have left mine at the default setting and I get the BCSS eNews fine each month. It may be that it would get stopped if one used a higher setting?
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEA VALLEY
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by el48tel »

As a new member I have only recently (2 months) registered for the newsletter .... and not received one. So when I get back to the PC I'll check my SPAM FOLDER etc.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Patrick
BCSS Member
Branch: SHREWSBURY

Post by Patrick »

The only way i could stop mine going to my junk folder was to put the address it comes from into my contacts, normally I just have to mark it as 'not junk'
Patrick. Small varied collection of North American, Mexican and Andean Cacti. Variegated Agaves and Echeveria. Developing a succulent garden in Portugal. Joined Somerset BCSS and forum in 2007.
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LITTLEHAMPTON

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Patrick wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:56 pm The only way i could stop mine going to my junk folder was to put the address it comes from into my contacts, normally I just have to mark it as 'not junk'
I did that a few months ago and it made no difference either Outlook or McAfee still put latest issues in spam folder
Werewolf
BCSS Zone Rep
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Post by Werewolf »

Jim_Mercer wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:50 pm
Patrick wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:56 pm The only way i could stop mine going to my junk folder was to put the address it comes from into my contacts, normally I just have to mark it as 'not junk'
I did that a few months ago and it made no difference either Outlook or McAfee still put latest issues in spam folder
The email address from which eNews is sent changed in October, so it might be worth checking and adding the new address to contact folders. A better solution would be nice and we're trying to find one.

Graham Evans
eNews Editor
Patrick
BCSS Member
Branch: SHREWSBURY

Post by Patrick »

Oh It never occurred to me that it wouldn't work! I have no proof yet but I did do it with the new email address.
Patrick. Small varied collection of North American, Mexican and Andean Cacti. Variegated Agaves and Echeveria. Developing a succulent garden in Portugal. Joined Somerset BCSS and forum in 2007.
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LITTLEHAMPTON

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Werewolf wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:38 pm
The email address from which eNews is sent changed in October, so it might be worth checking and adding the new address to contact folders. A better solution would be nice and we're trying to find one.

Graham Evans
eNews Editor
Address from October is in my contacts list but December enews still ended up in spam folder where it is difficult to read as html formatting not allowed in that folder (did manage to move it back to inbox to read)