New purchases!

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Cidermanrolls
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LINCOLN
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: New purchases!

Post by Cidermanrolls »

The Pterocacti come from a Polish ebayer called multicactus. I’ve had many nice plants from there for good prices.
My Echinopsis/Trichocereus plants mostly come from Wessner Kakteen, Uhlig Kakteen or one of the many German ebay sellers. Karl Rabsilber has been my main recent ebay source, though I have used many. Of the German suppliers, Wessner is my personal favourite. His plants are always good quality and are usually slightly larger at any given price point. There is only one German seller I have blacklisted and that is down to his payment methods (bank transfer only).
I’m still hunting six Schick hybrids, Aglaia, Bacarole, Bel Canto, For Norma, La Sonrisa and Ring Nebula. If you know anyone who is selling these in Europe, please let me know....
edds
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by edds »

I will keep an eye out! I'm going to have a go at breeding my own over the coming years. I'm trying to limit what brood stock I buy in so I've room for all the seedlings!
Ed

BCSS member 53038
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

edds wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:25 am I will keep an eye out! I'm going to have a go at breeding my own over the coming years. I'm trying to limit what brood stock I buy in so I've room for all the seedlings!
I set out with similar ambitions last year .....
About a dozen Echinopsis flowers were pollinated ....
Each seed capsule produced approximately 600 seeds ....
I planted the seeds under lights .....
And got almost full germination from the ones I planted, leaving a lot of seeds in the fridge.

Should you have similar results .... you'll require a huge GH
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
edds
BCSS Member

Post by edds »

I have a plan for that! :mrgreen:
Ed

BCSS member 53038
edds
BCSS Member

Post by edds »

We'll temptation got the better of me again. Being at home poorly is bad for my bank balance!

A friend and I ordered these from Korea. They came remarkably quickly and despite being rather dry, seem to have shipped well.
Aeonium 'Emerald Ice'
Aeonium 'Emerald Ice'
Echeveria 'Black Queen'
Echeveria 'Black Queen'
Echeveria 'Floridity'
Echeveria 'Floridity'
Echeveria 'Enfant Variegata'
Echeveria 'Enfant Variegata'
Aeonium arboreum atropurpureum variegatum
Aeonium arboreum atropurpureum variegatum
And a little Agave offset from my friend. He had it labelled Agave minutes but we can't find any reference to it. It is a paler midrib but that's the only diagnostic feature of any note at the moment! Has anyone got any ideas of what it might be?
Agave 'minuta'
Agave 'minuta'
Ed

BCSS member 53038
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

You may need to be ill more often .... those are gorgeous purchases.

Must try that wheeze though for my next purchases.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
edds
BCSS Member

Post by edds »

el48tel wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:26 pm You may need to be ill more often .... those are gorgeous purchases.

Must try that wheeze though for my next purchases.
:lol: Thanks. My mate got some cracking stuff too, I'll try and get him to send me some pictures I can post up here.
Ed

BCSS member 53038