It has leaves!

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Cactus Kid
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: HAVERING
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

It has leaves!

Post by Cactus Kid »

Thought I had lost this when it was invaded by mealy bug in the middle of winter and I had to cover in in diluted meths.

Very late coming into leaf this year but it's finally made it.
IMG_1833.JPG
Joined Havering branch 2006, although have been growing on and off since the age of ten!
Have a large balanced collection of both cacti and succulents but enjoy growing cristate, monstrose and generally anything a bit weird!
Colin Walker
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: It has leaves!

Post by Colin Walker »

Cactus Kid wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:58 pm Thought I had lost this when it was invaded by mealy bug in the middle of winter and I had to cover in in diluted meths.

Very late coming into leaf this year but it's finally made it.
My plant has only been in leaf for a couple of weeks or so and for me this doesn't seem especially late.

My plant lives in the conservatory so has a winter min. temp of 10 degrees and receives the occasional very light watering, as do all my Madagascan Didiereaceae even though they're leafless.

Alluaudiopsis fiherenensis has also only just leafed up. This is going to put on a massive amount of growth this year since many new branches are starting to develop. Most of my DIdiereaceae have been repotted this year and are really showing their appreciation. Some though are relatively slow growers, Alluaudia montagnacii especially so. By comparison for instance, A. procera is a much faster grower.

Meanwhile Alluaudia dumosa shows no signs of starting into growth. :shock:
Cheers,
Colin

FBCSS
FCSSA
Fellow of the Linnean Society (FLS)
Member of the IOS
Honorary Research Associate, The Open University