Common or garden - but very welcome

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
rodsmith
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Re: Common or garden - but very welcome

Post by rodsmith »

Many thanks for all the positive comments.

There are a lot of hybrids around as these barrel-type Echinopsis seem to mix freely, so to speak. They vary in spine formation (or lack of) and flowers. Mine appears to be pretty well true to type. The flowers are white inside and appear to conform to the eyriesii description. I had an Echinpsis years ago that I grew from seed. The flowers had a beautiful perfume. This one has no scent.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
RAYWOODBRIDGE
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by RAYWOODBRIDGE »

Hi Rod
As you say common but beautiful when they flower here are two that flowered for me last week, again no true name on the label.
Attachments
20200615_102827.jpg
20200614_084619.jpg
Ray

BCSS member 50155
DKG member 311605
Echinocereenfreund member 100

Cactus only collection mainly from seed.
Licespray
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by Licespray »

So that’s what species these are! They’ve always been the “classic” cactus for me as everyone who had a cactus had one at least. All when the same pink flowers, heaps of offsets etc. love them. Thanks for the memories :)
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

Splendid flowers, Ray. These are certainly cacti that give rewards for very little effort on the grower's part.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.