dead or alive?...

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
JonNo
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: dead or alive?...

Post by JonNo »

ralphrmartin wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:18 pm Good luck getting it going. This group of Gymnos needs a bit more warm than some of the others, and perhaps a little watering occasionally in winter can help to prevent them losing their roots.
Thank you Ralph, advice noted and appreciated.
Russell99
Registered Guest

Post by Russell99 »

I'm my opinion this plant is very much alive.
Screenshot_20200703_191731.jpg
Look at the arrow, follow the line in the direction of the arrow. You can see a spine growing(spine growth)
Russell, just a 17 year old cacti, succulent and orchid collector.
From Sri Lanka (tropical climate)
JonNo
BCSS Member

Post by JonNo »

Russell99 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:50 pm I'm my opinion this plant is very much alive. Screenshot_20200703_191731.jpg
Look at the arrow, follow the line in the direction of the arrow. You can see a spine growing(spine growth)
Thanks Russell, I hope you're right! I guess time will tell...
Cactusgirl
BCSS Member
Branch: CLACTON-on-SEA
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Cactusgirl »

I have one of these which looks exactly same as yours and it's fine and just about to flower
JonNo
BCSS Member

Post by JonNo »

Cactusgirl wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:11 pm I have one of these which looks exactly same as yours and it's fine and just about to flower
That's encouraging!