RHS Wisley Glasshouse query

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
NaZzAtAzEr
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTH SURREY
Role within the BCSS: Member

RHS Wisley Glasshouse query

Post by NaZzAtAzEr »

At the moment, it is closed to the public. Has anyone had any luck getting in with their society membership?

I really want to go in, lovely flowers atm (went last Wednesday) and I want to take photos. Does anyone have contact details for someone who might be able to get me in?
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: RHS Wisley Glasshouse query

Post by juster »

The Wisley Glasshouse is normally open to all visitors to the garden. However, these are not normal times and the glasshouse is closed to everyone because social distancing would not be possible inside. I'm sure this situation will not continue indefinitely, how can it, and at some point we will all be able to enter again.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
NaZzAtAzEr
Registered Guest

Post by NaZzAtAzEr »

Yeah, I know it is normally open to all visitors. I don't live far from it at all. I was just trying my luck with getting exclusive access.
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

Good news, the Glasshouse reopened to garden visitors on 1st September, there is a one way system and face coverings are requested. Here's a general shot today.
IMG_1165.JPG
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
NaZzAtAzEr
Registered Guest

Post by NaZzAtAzEr »

Yep, I just went today! and going back on Thursday.