Sowing Massonia seeds.

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
NaZzAtAzEr
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTH SURREY
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Sowing Massonia seeds.

Post by NaZzAtAzEr »

So most of these seeds have successfully germinated, but Christmas happened. I went home from university and my housemate very kindly watered my plants while I was gone. But I didn't give her proper watering instructions...

I understand the seedlings only have one leaf while small and most of these leaves have died off, is there any hope for these to still live?

I'll post pics on Monday if needed.
Aiko
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Aiko »

Dig in the soil to see if there is still a tiny bulb. Should be small, could be hard to identify if just like with mine they are in soil mixed with small white / greyish pebbles...
atgamble
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by atgamble »

Don't want to hijack this thread but I've just received some Massonia echinata seeds, will sowing now be an issue? Really useful info earlier on about sowing mixes.
NaZzAtAzEr
Registered Guest
Branch: NORTH SURREY

Post by NaZzAtAzEr »

Aiko wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:51 pm Dig in the soil to see if there is still a tiny bulb. Should be small, could be hard to identify if just like with mine they are in soil mixed with small white / greyish pebbles...
Yes some of them do have tiny bulbs, that's good news?