December Cactus world is here

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Aiko
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: December Cactus world is here

Post by Aiko »

Tony R wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:47 am Or slowed down by Dutch Customs too, if a CN22 label wasn't attached? Periodicals don't count as simple correspondence so I understand such labels are now required.
I suspect that is not the case. A fellow BCSS member from the Netherlands got it in early December already, probably way before many UK members too. Although that could be the one-off case, of course.
Bill

Post by Bill »

Cactusworld is sent out by a mailing house, who attach custom declarations to those copies that require it, at the time of sending December's that may not have included EU copies but certainly will for March.

Bill

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
MatDz
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by MatDz »

ragamala wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:02 pm
Tony R wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:47 am
Or slowed down by Dutch Customs too, if a CN22 label wasn't attached? Periodicals don't count as simple correspondence so I understand such labels are now required.
Which is it, you think, Tony, slowed down by Dutch Customs, or slowed down because the BCSS did not attach a customs declaration in the probable foreseeable situation that arrival would be post-Brexit?

It's important not to look back at the past but for our overseas friends to understand the BCSS policy, especially with regard to what will happen for despatch of the March journal.
Just a note, it's the despatch time that matters, not arrival.
Mat
ragamala
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTH FYLDE

Post by ragamala »

MatDz wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:12 pm

Just a note, it's the despatch time that matters, not arrival.
Boh, not sure about that. Fortunately, another month on, this isn't anything to worry us, hopefully!
ragamala
BCSS Member

Post by ragamala »

Bill wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:06 pm Cactusworld is sent out by a mailing house, who attach custom declarations to those copies that require it, at the time of sending December's that may not have included EU copies but certainly will for March.

Bill
Thanks for that, Bill. Has there been any consideration by the BOT about any impact on arrival for the March journal?
Al Laius
BCSS Journal Editor
Branch: SOUTH WALES
Role within the BCSS: Membership Secretary

Post by Al Laius »

I’m not sure I understand exactly what you’re asking?

The journal production team is responsible for ensuring that the journal is edited, produced and dispatched each quarter. As Bill said, a mailing house is employed and all journals are dispatched on the same day (both overseas and domestic). What happens once they have left the mailing house and are in the hands of various global postal authorities is beyond our control.

I don’t understand your reference to the BoT in your question.

Al
ragamala
BCSS Member

Post by ragamala »

Al Laius wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:03 pm I’m not sure I understand exactly what you’re asking?
Nor am I precisely, to be honest, but I see now looking back one of my own thoughts was answered by Bill earlier, in that the mailing house attaches CN22s to those that need it, so I assume this will be done automatically from now on for our EU friends. I had vaguely wondered whether the need now to do that for European members incurred any extra expense. I was also wondering, if some members abroad had experienced disappointing delays in receipt, whether any enquiry had been made through the mailing house as to why this may have occurred, in the hope that either things would settle down or any problem would be resolved.