1 year old Conophytums  Solved

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
MatDz
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: 1 year old Conophytums

Post by MatDz »

Terry S. wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:10 am Good grief Nick, perhaps I will have to start a cult.

I think that one of the underlying things that I try to convey is "keep it simple". I believe that there is a problem created by the WWW and social media whereby many people put out conflicting pieces of information, such that it becomes difficult for somebody new to the hobby to know what to do. [...]
Count me in!

On the WWW, this is a problem with the Internet and us, humans, in general. Many are sharing "random" pieces of information with the best intentions (some not necessarily, profit from ad traffic is a thing), and people are not great in sieving good and bad information in general, especially when not expecting the need for it ahead. (Here should come a political and economical rant, but it's a c&s forum.)
Mat
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: 1 year old Conophytums

Post by juster »

I agree with Terry and Mat here, it's always important to know something about where information or advice comes from, and the background knowledge of the person providing the advice. Definitely the www has made more information available, so even more important to know something about the background. Yes, I also agree 'keep it simple' (tu)
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias