Othonna carnosa problems

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
jay3
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: HARROW
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Othonna carnosa problems

Post by jay3 »

Here is the photo used in the online sale image of the plant I bought. When I received it, it looked pretty much identical.

That said, it's now deceased.
Terry S.

Post by Terry S. »

Thanks Colin. I had just thought that Othonna cacalioides had been metamorphosed into a Crassothonna with the same specific name and I couldn't understand why it seemed so different to the other crassothonnas. Now I know better.

It is one of the most confusing acts of reclassification that I have ever encountered!

So getting back to the first problem in the thread, the plant that has lost its leaves should be evergreen and in the wild it probably gets some rain almost any time of the year.
Ernie
BCSS Member
Branch: TEESSIDE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Ernie »

Othonna carnosa(or whatever it be) My plant in flower today. It grows in the winter time for me. Up here in the north east its been dark and horrible for months, barely any sun so winter growers are not the best to have but I like it anyway. All my other Othonna plants are in flower but not looking at their best.
P1010461.JPG
P1010462.JPG
'Eternity is but a a brief moment away'