Plant of the month photo plea.

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: Plant of the month photo plea.

Post by juster » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:28 pm

fero wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:37 pm
Hello. Just wondering where abouts the plant of the month is. Will it be available on the forum, it could replace the long hibernation of genus of the month.
I believe that ‘Genus of the Month’ was based on the genus of the ‘Plant of the Month’.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
fero
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by fero » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:52 pm

If this great content is being created. It would be good to have it on the forum. It might generate some discussion on the plant featured .
Also it would be possible to look back through past enteries and would be a valuable resource.
Maybe for the new website :grin:
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:46 pm

I've restarted the Genus-of-the-Month to match the Society's Plant-of-the-Month. :welb:
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
edds
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by edds » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:26 pm

:ban: :mex: :woho:

(Been wanting to use some of these ridiculous smilies for a while and can't think of a better idea excuse!)
Ed

BCSS member 53038
Tony R
Branch: DARTFORD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Post by Tony R » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:44 pm

edds wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:26 pm
:ban: :mex: :woho:

(Been wanting to use some of these ridiculous smilies for a while and can't think of a better idea excuse!)
These are Tina's favourites too!!!!
Tony Roberts
Chairman, BCSS Dartford Branch
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Cactus Kid
BCSS Member
Branch: HAVERING
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by Cactus Kid » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:34 pm

I am running very low on material for the Plant of the Month section so if anyone could send me some of the wonderful pics they have taken over the summer together with a bit of info about it I would be very grateful (tu)
Joined Havering branch 2006, although have been growing on and off since the age of ten!
Have a large balanced collection of both cacti and succulents but enjoy growing cristate, monstrose and generally anything a bit weird!
Al Laius
BCSS Journal Editor
Branch: SOUTH WALES
Role within the BCSS: Journal Editor

Post by Al Laius » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:52 pm

It would be great if everyone can support Chris in this venture. He just needs a few sentences and two or three photos, and in fact I see write-ups on here occasionally which would easily qualify for Plant of the month. It need not be very time consuming at all and you can even use photos that you have already got on your PC/Laptop/phone.

Many thanks
Al