Plant of the month photo plea.

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
juster
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: Plant of the month photo plea.

Post by juster »

fero wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:37 pm Hello. Just wondering where abouts the plant of the month is. Will it be available on the forum, it could replace the long hibernation of genus of the month.
I believe that ‘Genus of the Month’ was based on the genus of the ‘Plant of the Month’.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
fero
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by fero »

If this great content is being created. It would be good to have it on the forum. It might generate some discussion on the plant featured .
Also it would be possible to look back through past enteries and would be a valuable resource.
Maybe for the new website :grin:
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

I've restarted the Genus-of-the-Month to match the Society's Plant-of-the-Month. :welb:
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
edds
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by edds »

:ban: :mex: :woho:

(Been wanting to use some of these ridiculous smilies for a while and can't think of a better idea excuse!)
Ed

BCSS member 53038
Tony R
Branch: BROMLEY
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tony R »

edds wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:26 pm :ban: :mex: :woho:

(Been wanting to use some of these ridiculous smilies for a while and can't think of a better idea excuse!)
These are Tina's favourites too!!!!
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Cactus Kid
BCSS Member
Branch: HAVERING

Post by Cactus Kid »

I am running very low on material for the Plant of the Month section so if anyone could send me some of the wonderful pics they have taken over the summer together with a bit of info about it I would be very grateful (tu)
Joined Havering branch 2006, although have been growing on and off since the age of ten!
Have a large balanced collection of both cacti and succulents but enjoy growing cristate, monstrose and generally anything a bit weird!
Al Laius
BCSS Journal Editor
Branch: SOUTH WALES
Role within the BCSS: Membership Secretary

Post by Al Laius »

It would be great if everyone can support Chris in this venture. He just needs a few sentences and two or three photos, and in fact I see write-ups on here occasionally which would easily qualify for Plant of the month. It need not be very time consuming at all and you can even use photos that you have already got on your PC/Laptop/phone.

Many thanks
Al
Cactus Kid
BCSS Member

Post by Cactus Kid »

A call out to all of you other succulent lovers. I am in desperate need for some examples for the ‘Plant of the Month’ feature. There have been some remarkable pictures on here of late so if you could send them to me with a few notes regarding your cultivation methods etc. I would be very grateful.
Contact dragon133@ntlworld.com

Many thanks, Chris Coombes
Joined Havering branch 2006, although have been growing on and off since the age of ten!
Have a large balanced collection of both cacti and succulents but enjoy growing cristate, monstrose and generally anything a bit weird!
Cactus Kid
BCSS Member

Post by Cactus Kid »

Hi all. I am once again having to beg for some short articles that can be used as the ‘Plant of the Month’ on the BCSS website.
I am down to the last couple of offerings and despite my constant begging both on here and through Emails and in person I am not receiving anywhere near enough to keep it going.

If you wish this helpful resource to continue then I need YOUR help. This is very simple to do!!!

Generally all I require is two or three photos, consisting of a picture of the whole plant, a close up if needed, and one of the plant in flower if possible. You will be credited with these.
Also a short note with any general info on the plant, particularly any cultivation hints you can offer.

Please do not feel this is beyond you as any material is proof read and minor corrections made if necessary.

There are so many wonderful pictures of your plants posted on the Forum and Facebook pages it would take very little extra effort for some to be sent to me with a few accompanying words.

Please forward them to me at dragon133@ntlworld.com

Many thanks, Chris Coombes
Cactus Kid
BCSS Member

Post by Cactus Kid »

It’s got to the stage again when I have to come to you begging for some more articles. I am now running low on both cacti and other succulents for the Plant of the Month. Come on, you know you can do this!

I need just two or three photos, consisting of a picture of the whole plant, a close up if needed, and one of the plant in flower if possible. You will be credited with these.
Also, any general info on the plant, particularly any cultivation hints you can offer.
I can send anyone a list of species already covered, on request.

Please email anything you have to me at dragon133@ntlworld.com