Merremia sp.

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
chris68
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Non-Member

Merremia sp.

Post by chris68 »

Hi all,

Does anyone grow these? I know very little about them - it was rescued from a collection.

From what I have found on the web the flowers look stunning. Maybe bolusiana or holubii?

As can be seen from the picture I have raised it above soil level as I gather root rot may be a problem but other than that can anyone give any guidance on cultivation/watering etc? The pot is an 11 cm sq filled with a 'loose' mineral biased mix we use for our Cacti. I assume as growth is emerging now it will continue until the days start getting shorter then start to go dormant. Do I cut off the old growth at the end of the season leaving a short stump as was done before?

Any help appreciated.
Many thanks
Merremia sp..JPG
Varied collection of mostly cacti with some Agave and Aloes - space is always the problem!!