Caudiciforms

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
dragonadeniums
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: CHESTER & District
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Caudiciforms

Post by dragonadeniums »

I'll have quite a few arabicums, almost 100% germination with those... ! Only a few somalense though at present. These are almost a year old. They are all a bit sleepy at the moment, when they wake up a bit more they will be ready for new homes.

Please feel free to send me a message, interested to see what you have for trade :smile:
MatDz wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:16 pm
dragonadeniums wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:11 pm I've been growing Adeniums from seed for years - obesums, arabicums and somalense mainly. I'll have some available fairly soon, germination has been very good so I'll have extras. Might also have a few other caudiciform types, including Petopentia natalensis and Dioscorea elephantipes as they germinated better than expected too !
I'd love to discuss a trade of a few of A. arabicum and A. somalense when you know exactly how many spares you have.
yorkshireal
BCSS Member
Branch: BRIDLINGTON

Post by yorkshireal »

I'd like to thank everybody who contributed to this post of mine. I took the opportunity, now lockdown restrictions are easier, to visit Craig at Williams Cactus near Barnsley, with a friend of mine, on Tuesday.
I'm very glad I did so (and that I waited - thanks for that advice too!) as he had a really interesting selection, with quite a few caudiciforms, and some really nice plants. He (and his father) were very knowledgeable and helpful and we spent a good couple of hours there. Prices seem very reasonable, and I would recommend them.
Worrying though to hear that the combination of Brexit and Covid-19 may have sigfnificant implications for cacti and succulent availability.
Thanks again to all
Alan
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

So what did you buy then ????.

I wondered about the fockea comaru they had as these aren't that common & its a smaller growing fockea so won't take up too much space.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
yorkshireal
BCSS Member

Post by yorkshireal »

Bought quite a lot! Was worried things might get harder to find, and it was a long drive from the East Coast! :lol:
Tylecodon singularis, Pelargonium loratum, Pachypodium brevicaule, Monadenium aff invenustum, Commiphora confusa, Euphorbia aeruginosa, Monadenium yutannum, Monalaria sp, Euphorbia delphinense, Dioscorea elephantipes, Avonia alstonii, Matalea cyclophylla, Commiphora milbraedii, Pachypodium densiflorum, Euphorbia trichadenia, Euphorbia bupleurifolia
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

Thats a Good haul, got some photo's then ?
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
yorkshireal
BCSS Member

Post by yorkshireal »

I will have a go if I can over next few days!
yorkshireal
BCSS Member

Some pictures

Post by yorkshireal »

E bupleurifolia
E bupleurifolia
E aeruginosa
E aeruginosa
Dioscorea elephantipes
Dioscorea elephantipes
Avonia alstonii
Avonia alstonii
Avonia alstonii
Avonia alstonii
Haworthia circuit board correcta
Haworthia circuit board correcta
Gasteria
Gasteria
E trichardena
E trichardena
E delphinense
E delphinense
E bupleurifolia
E bupleurifolia
yorkshireal
BCSS Member

A few more pictures

Post by yorkshireal »

Pachypodium densiflorum
Pachypodium densiflorum
Pachypodium densiflorum
Pachypodium densiflorum
Pachypodium brevicaule
Pachypodium brevicaule
Monilaria
Monilaria
Monilaria
Monilaria
Monadenium yattanum
Monadenium yattanum
Monadenium aff invenustum
Monadenium aff invenustum
Matalea cyclophylla
Matalea cyclophylla
Haworthia emlaya
Haworthia emlaya
Pelargonium loratum
Pelargonium loratum
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

You did do well & all so healthy looking, the e.bupleurifolia isn't what the label say its a hybrid might be japonica.
e.bupleurifolia is normally a single chunky stem.

I like the monilaria that looks cute (tu)
Tina

Bucks, UK
Pattock
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Pattock »

(tu), (tu), (tu), (tu), (tu) , etc.
Asclepiomaniac. Armchair ethnobotanist.
Occasional, eclectic blogger:
http://pattheplants.blogspot.com/