That Lithops divergens

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
iann
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

That Lithops divergens

Post by iann »

There is an unusual form of Lithops divergens, larger and more purple than var divergens, plainer and more compact than var amethystina. It has been considered to be both or neither, but doesn't have its own name. I'm assuming the ssp nova from this year's MSG seed list is this plant. Here it is with a more typical var divergens:
divergens-0325.jpg
Cheshire, UK
Astro
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Re: That Lithops divergens

Post by Astro »

The 'coastal form' I assume? I have a number of seedlings, but nothing near flowering size. Mine still look like generic divergens.
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: That Lithops divergens

Post by iann »

They look very similar when they're small, but they just keep getting bigger and more coloured. I've had flowers but they don't seem as prolific as the regular var divergens. They do all have flower remains but I don't have photos of that from last year. Here's some from 2019.
divergens-1006b.jpg
Cheshire, UK